This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

2D Cleaners and Rescale!!
Hello Selur, how are you? Have you already been vaccinated? I hope you are well.

I'm trying to resize and encode 720p video with the best quality possible with 2D Cleaner filters, unfortunately all I tried didn't work so well.

Tried:

Santiag
AwarpSharp2
Santiag
Nnedi3

All leave grids in the image.

[Image: yZpYR2W.png]

I uploaded 1 minute of the video to help and was wondering what the best filters would be and the order to get the best quality when putting in 1080p.

1 minute Video

Don't care about file size, but I'd like to at least leave it clean, like it's original.

Thanks,

Claudio
Okay,... I don't think any normal filter can clean this up properly.
That said using
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
from vsgan import VSGAN

# Import scripts
import adjust

clip = core.lsmas.LibavSMASHSource(source="C:/Users/Selur/Desktop/Hora.de.Aventura-00.03.05.366-00.04.05.766.mp4")
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 30
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=30, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)

# needed since otherwise vsgan will crash on my GPU due to VRAM shortage
clip = core.fmtc.resample(clip=clip, kernel="spline16", w=720, h=406, interlaced=False, interlacedd=False)

# adjusting color space from YUV420P8 to RGB24 for vsLevels
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB24, matrix_in_s="709", range_s="limited")

# creating a VSGAN instance
vsgan = VSGAN("cuda")
# setting model
model = "J:/VapourSynth64Portable_VSGAN/vsgan_models/BSRGAN.pth"
vsgan.load_model(model)
# running vsgan with the selected model
clip = vsgan.run(clip=clip)

# convert to YUV420P10 for encoding
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P10, matrix_s="709", range_s="limited")

clip.set_output()
Produces really nice output:
[Image: bsrgan.png]
Problem is:
a. BSRGAN increases width&height by a factor of 4 (so if you want a lower resolution additional resizing your be needed
b. I had to reduce the resolution to now run out of VRAM and at least on my Geforce GTX 1070ti, I get ~0.23fps for this (cpu isn't really used) Encoding the 1822 frames is estimated to take ~2hours.

There probably is a way to get this done without using BSRGAN (https://github.com/cszn/BSRGAN) or the way I use it through vsgan, my cleverly creating some mask and similar, but I don't know a simple filter I could add for Hybrid that would directly help with this.

Cu Selur
You can get quite decent results with "Vapoursynth->Frames->Resize->Resizer->Waifu2x nvk" with 'Model ''upconv_7_anime_syslte_art_rgb' and 'Noise' set th 'highest'.
BSRGAN is still quite a bit better (in my opinion), but a lot slower.

I converted the first 1465 frames mit BSRGAN (then I accidentally aborted the encode), see:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rhDwx5R...sp=sharing

Cu Selur
I was afraid you would tell me that. I was never able to correctly configure ESGRAN.

I did tests with Video2x and Waifu2x-Extension-Gui and both took several and several minutes to convert 1 minute of video.

Even with a GTX 2080TI it wasn't what I expected.

I also tested Topaz Video AI and despite being much faster the image is not so good.

I would just need a way then that would make it less bad, but only using the Hybrid filters, similar to what I used to do in Avisynth.

Is it possible to put Scanline by Hybrid? When I use the shader in MPC it is very good for watching.

Anyway thanks for the tip about BSRGAN, I'll try to read a little more about it and see if I can install it.

Thank you very much Selur.

Claudio

(08.06.2021, 20:05)Selur Wrote: You can get quite decent results with "Vapoursynth->Frames->Resize->Resizer->Waifu2x nvk" with 'Model ''upconv_7_anime_syslte_art_rgb' and 'Noise' set th 'highest'.
BSRGAN is still quite a bit better (in my opinion), but a lot slower.

I converted the first 1465 frames mit BSRGAN (then I accidentally aborted the encode), see:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rhDwx5R...sp=sharing

Cu Selur

Wow, watch the video converted and its perfect for me.

OMG, perfect because only Hybrid used. Try that config now!!

Many thanks Selur. 

Claudio
I explained in https://forum.selur.net/Thread-Why-VSGAN...-supported how to setup a portable vegan, but using Waifu in Hybrid ist probably easier.

Cu Selur
I uploaded a version of the clip which was created with "Vapoursynth->Frames->Resize->Resizer->Waifu2x nvk" with 'Model ''upconv_7_anime_syslte_art_rgb' and 'Noise' set to 'highest':
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O6yeA2F...sp=sharing
creation was six times faster than BSRGAN on my Geforce GTX 1070ti. (~1.5fps)

Cu Selur

Ps.: since I usually don't filter so aggressively I also created a post over at videohelp to see if may be someone else has a nice idea. (may be some filter I could add to Hybrid that would work faster with a similar result Wink)
Btw. I adjusted Hybrid to use VSGAN after installing a ~6.67GB (download size; 11.1GB install size) 'addon'.
The size of the 'addon' is so huge since it includes a 5.5 GB folder with models for VSGAN.
Assuming you have an NVIDIA card I can send you a link to a dev version with this feature and a link to the 'addon'.

Cu Selur
(13.06.2021, 18:52)Selur Wrote: Btw. I adjusted Hybrid to use VSGAN after installing a ~6.67GB (download size; 11.1GB install size) 'addon'.
The size of the 'addon' is so huge since it includes a 5.5 GB folder with models for VSGAN.
Assuming you have an NVIDIA card I can send you a link to a dev version with this feature and a link to the 'addon'.

Cu Selur

Hi, i like to try the version of Hybrid with VSGAN, i follow the tutorial with Vapoursynth portable, but Vapoursynth gets freeze when i check the script in my pc (Nvidia 3060), i dont know why it falls, because in my notebook works (Nvidea 1650 ti). For that reason i like to try this version of Hybrid. I hope you can share with my this dev version. Thank you for all your work, you´re amazing. Greeetings Smile
Send you the links via pm.

Cu Selur
Ha! Today came a new filter out DPIR (https://github.com/HolyWu/vs-dpir) which is really nice for that content and a lot faster than BSGRAN and Waifu2x
[Image: deblock-strength50.png]

Cu Selur