This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] after encoding ass into mp4, but there is no subtitle at all
sorry, i can't answer you this question, since after i clear all chapters to re-encode, the latest encoded MP4 file has overrided the old FPS drop MP4 file. so i can't using other players for testing.

so the best way is, i send to you the original 20 chapters MKV file, you research on it. MKV spitted from the original MKV, can encode without any problem. so you need the original one.

and like i said before, nothing changed except i only clear all chapters information, then encode again, the result is good. so it must be chapters caused. i wish you could study and research on it. so you need the original one.
Since I have no problem with chapters here, I won't download 18GB and spend hours to find out what is wrong with either the player you use or the input use use.
So, sorry, but I really have better things to do. Smile

Cu Selur
It should have nothing to do with other players, i have already using the best Potplayer.

if other player also have the FPS drop problem, how to solve?

i hope you could research on it. thanks.
Quote:if other player also have the FPS drop problem, how to solve?
Find out what is wrong with the file.
You partially did this, as you noticed that not using chapters fixes the problem.
So either there is a problem with PotPlayers mp4 support or a problem with MP4Box creating the files.
Since I have no such problem in MPC-HC with any of the mp4 files I create here with chapters on any of my devices or players, I suspect that it's a problem of PotPlayer.

Quote:i hope you could research on it.
Not happening.

Cu Selur
all right, for fix the issue, i install MPC-HC 1.9.14, re-encode MP4 with chapters again, MPC-HC also plays FPS-drop. So it should be Hybrid problem.

the original MKV is blueray remux here, and why you have no problem with chapters there?
Quote:the original MKV is blueray remux here, and why you have no problem with chapters there?
Yes. (only difference seems to be, I a. use way slower encoding settings b. I use closed gops)

btw. does remuxing the mp4 with mkvtoolnix to an .mkv fix the playback issue?

Also looking at the debug output, you are using an old Hybrid version (btw. 2021.02.27.1), may be it's a problem with that version or one of the tools used in it which has ben fixed for month,...
yeah, the dev version which is that you send me before, so which version should i use, please recommend.

Quote:does remuxing the mp4 with mkvtoolnix to an .mkv fix the playback issue?

tried, the same as the lag mp4, fps drops half. i also remux another sup subtitle in it, but can't display sup subtile, even i've switched to the SUP, but can't see SUP, only can see the embeded MP4 subtitle.

summary: the lag MP4, remuxing the MP4 with mkvtoolnix to an .mkv, the two are totally the same, without any difference, just like never remux! even i've remux more subtitle in it.
Quote:yeah, the dev version which is that you send me before, so which version should i use, please recommend.
The debug output wasn't created with the dev version,...
-> you should use the dev version.

Quote: i also remux another sup subtitle in it, but can't display sup subtile, even i've switched to the SUP, but can't see SUP, only can see the embeded MP4 subtitle.
no clue what you tried exactly and since it's not Hybrid related I can't really help.
please send me a good dev version for test. in this page, there is only rev version, no dev
https://www.selur.de/downloads

only this lag mp4 file remux to mkv with another sup subtitle, can't see subtitle effect. if remux a good mp4 to mkv, it will be good.
Send you a link to my current dev version via pm.

Cu Selur