This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Migrating Hybrid Windows configuration to Linux
Question 
Hello

I found config files in Windows in AppData/Roaming/hybrid/.

1) Is it possible to use config files from Windows in Linux?
2) Is it safe to do it or most likely it will result in problems in the future?
3) If it is safe where do I copy them? I have downloaded Hybrid_20210718_Linux.7z but after unpacking there is no conf folder or something similar?

Thanks
regarding 1. yes, config files are portable (naturally paths need to be adjusted)
regarding 2. should be save (never had a problem)
regarding 3.
Quote:Info: default settings path: here's where Hybrid normally saves it's data on you system (unless settingPath is specified)
Win7: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\hybrid
WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\hybrid
Linux/Mac: /home/USERNAME/.hybrid/
see: [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,...
You can also always see the settings path under: "Config->Paths->Infos->Settings Path"

Quote:I have downloaded Hybrid_20210718_Linux.7z but after unpacking there is no conf folder or something similar?
Why should there be? No, Hybrid download contains a conf folder or similar. That download is just the Hybrid binard, nothing more.

Cu Selur
Migration successful. It took me about 30 minutes to do it so it was pretty painless.

Thanks
30min to copy some files and adjust some paths?
But happy you were successful. Smile

Cu Selur