This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

QAAC Support
I've just updated to Hybrid rev 2021.07.18.1 and my QAAC toggle has disappeared.
Looking over the changelog the 32bit version has been removed from Hybrid.

Could someone please let me know how to configure/setup the 64bit version so I'm able to use QAAC once again?
I already have both Quicktime and Itunes installed.

Alternatively, if someone could help me with using the command line instead that'd be greatly appreciated.
I'd be trying to convert from TrueHD 5.1 from within an MKV file to QAAC q127, ideally with a single piped command either through ffmpeg or eac3to(whichever hybrid uses for QAAC)
eg ffmpeg -i input.mkv -vn -acodec copy -f wav | qaac -i --V 127 -o q127Audio.aac
I'm fairly clueless when it comes to command line and am unsure how to pipe the audio from ffmpeg to qaac properly.

Thanks in advance!
Okay, Qaac isn't gone here.
1. Try resetting the tools cache ("Config->Tools->Clear all cached tool infos")
2. Hybrid does the following to check whether the 'Apple Application Support' is available:
a. it checks whether the registry contains "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Apple Inc.\\Apple Application Support"
b. it checks whether the folder in the "InstallDir"-value of that registry entry exisits.
If the entry exists it assumes 'Apple Application Support' is available.
If it does not exist if searches for portable files for this is checks that:
a. qaac itself is present (if not, no 'Apple Application Support' and qaac)
b. if next to the qaac.exe exists a 'CoreAudioToolbox.dll' (if it is, 'Apple Application Support' and qaac are assumed to work; note that there a bunch other .dlls needed for qaac to accually work)
If not no .dll is present i check whether a 'qtfiles' or 'QTfiles64' folder exists next to the qaac.exe, if one of the folders exists 'Apple Application Support' and qaac are assumed to work.

Quote:I'd be trying to convert from TrueHD 5.1 from within an MKV file to QAAC q127, ideally with a single piped command either through ffmpeg or eac3to(whichever hybrid uses for QAAC)
eg ffmpeg -i input.mkv -vn -acodec copy -f wav | qaac -i --V 127 -o q127Audio.aac
Something similar to:
ffmpeg -y -threads 8 -loglevel fatal -nostdin -i "PATH TO INPUT" -vn -sn -ac 6 -ar 48000 -f sox - | sox --multi-threaded  --temp "E:\Temp\2021-07-29@15_19_20_081000" --buffer 524288 -S -t sox - -b 16 -t raw - | qaac --threading --raw --raw-channels 6 --raw-rate 48000 --tvbr 75 - -o "path to aac file"
should work, but note that you would still have to considere the influence of the aac compression in regard to audio delay.

Cu Selur

Ps.: btw. https://github.com/AnimMouse/QTFiles might be interessting, but probably not legal judging the license aggreement of Apple for the tools which include the libraries.
Perfect! The toggle has popped back up again!

Clearing tool cache didn't work, so I tried reinstalling/repairing appleapplicationsupport.msi as well as dropping the QTFiles64 folder(from the link you provided) alongside the qaac.exe in hybrids 64bit tools. I'm not sure which of the above worked, but its back!

Thanks a lot for your help Smile