This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

No mux on excessive subjobs?
Will think about it. Seems like a lot of hassle. Smile

Cu Selur
(05.08.2021, 05:24)Selur Wrote: Will think about it. Seems like a lot of hassle. Smile

Cu Selur

Think I might have found a solution with almost no hassle   Smile

Was looking through the Documentation for mkvmerge and realised that Hybrid doesn't actually do anything to change the original attachments in any way (unless there's an option to change a cover picture I've missed?): why not just create an mkv file with only attachments:

mkvmerge -o Attachments.mkv -A -D -S -B -T --no-chapters --no-global-tags Original.mkv

Then simply append it to the Hybrid processed file at the end of encoding:

mkvmerge -o Final_filename.mkv Processed_Hybrid_file.mkv + attachments.mkv

Then delete the processed & attachment files... Done?

Since matroska uses UID the attachment shouldn't conflict with anything Hybrid might have wrote.

Should neatly bypass having to deal with processing fonts, etc all together.

Did a quick test myself an it seems to work fine with no side effects that I can spot.

Am I overlooking anything?
Quote:Did a quick test myself an it seems to work fine with no side effects that I can spot.
a. Hybrid doesn't always use mkvmerge for muxing, but also ffmpeg.
b. Hybrid throws out attachments with 'application/octet-stream' type. (No this will not change, this is intended.)

-> Will think about it in case there ever comes a case where the current handling is a problem.
Atm. it still seems too much hassle to implement this without if having any real effect.

Cu Selut
Quote:a. Hybrid doesn't always use mkvmerge for muxing, but also ffmpeg

This would be the final step in making an mkv file, Finished afterwards other than deleting, not sure where ffmpeg comes into it?

Quote:b. Hybrid throws out attachments with 'application/octet-stream' type. (No this will not change, this is intended.)

Removing them at the end is a one-liner, don't even need to search for it programmatically:

mkvpropedit Final_filename.mkv --delete-attachment mime-type:application/octet-stream

Quote:Atm. it still seems too much hassle to implement this without if having any real effect.

Was trying to reduce the amount of work that Hybrid needed to do, but less hassle is understandable.
Quote:This would be the final step in making an mkv file, Finished afterwards other than deleting, not sure where ffmpeg comes into it?
Hybrid does not always use mkvmerge for mkv multiplexing.
mkvmerge sometimes has problems when muxing some raw formats which ffmpeg handles properly.

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev version via pm, where I added:
a. an option to create sub-folders per job (Config->Paths->Create sub-folder per job in temp path)
b. one can right click on a job and 'clear temp folder', if the name of the temp folder is the same as the jobname the folder will simply be deleted otherwise everything in the folder will be deleted, but the folder itself will be kept.

Only did a few tests, so there could still be some issued with this.
Since you handle mkvs with lots of attachments you also might want to call "Config->Paths->Clear custom fonts folder from time to time".

Cu Selur
hmmn, seem to get random some part missing msg's when queueing then this:

Also, not sure if related but the remaining Job queue seems to get randomly sorted every time I start Hybrid?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:hmmn, seem to get random some part missing msg's when queueing then this:
That message is due to the changes, it happens when Hybrid want's to get a short file name from the OS for a file that does not exist.
-> a debug output would be helpful.

Quote:Also, not sure if related but the remaining Job queue seems to get randomly sorted every time I start Hybrid?
-> I can reproduce that so I'll look into that. Smile

Cu Selur
Selur Wrote:-> a debug output would be helpful.

[attachment=1492]
Quote:
Quote:Also, not sure if related but the remaining Job queue seems to get randomly sorted every time I start Hybrid?
What does change the order of the jobs or the subjobs?
Got an example?
The jobs should be sorted by name
Manually Sorted:

Close program then open program:

Close program then open program:

I found the issue with the sorting, will send you a fixed version.
Jobs should now be sorted alphabetically on save and reload.
-> will send you a link to a dev version in a few minutes.

Will look at the debug output this evening after work.

Cu Selur