This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Vapoursynth: support for VSGAN through an 'addon' (Windows only)
Okay, you misunderstood that post.
The second post describes how to build a portable version not how to integrate it into Hybrid.
The Hybrid version you have will not work with Vaporusynth R57. Wink

-> I'll send you a link to the Hybrid torch-Addon and my current dev version.
Best deinstall Hybrid, install the dev and extract the addon into the Hybrid/64bit/-folder.

Cu Selur
(17.10.2021, 20:20)Selur Wrote: Okay, you misunderstood that post.
The second post describes how to build a portable version not how to integrate it into Hybrid.
The Hybrid version you have will not work with Vaporusynth R57. Wink

-> I'll send you a link to the Hybrid torch-Addon and my current dev version.
Best deinstall Hybrid, install the dev and extract the addon into the Hybrid/64bit/-folder.

Cu Selur

Excellent work with the implementation. 
I've tried different stuff but it ends with a vaporscript error. I will setup everything again.
Maybe I've made a mistake with Hybrid because I followed the Steps to make it portable.
So can we have official guide VSGAN with download links and inplemented in HYBRID. And what best GAN to upscale from real life videos 360p to fullhd or 4k. And for anime too.
There are no guides whatsoever, since nobody is interested in writing them.
Only thing I did is create an addon-package (Windows only) which contains an extended Vapoursynth folder which atm. includes all the dependencies of:
- vsbasicvsrpp
- vsdpir
- vsgan
- vsrealergan
- vsrife
- vsswinir
and a stack of pth-files from https://upscale.wiki/wiki/Model_Database.
To use the addon, simply:
a. deinstall your current Hybrid version (latest official version does not contain support for all the current filters)
b. install the dev version
c. extract the addon into your Hybrid/64bit-folder
No clue what resizer and filters are 'best' for your content, that is something only you can decide.

-> If you want I can send you a link to my current dev version an the addon via PM. (since the addon is ~10GB large I won't post the download link publicly since it would overload the server.)

Cu Selur
(06.11.2021, 20:47)Hi! Im trying to install vsswinir in the version of Hybrid, but i cant, maybe because i have the old addon version. Please can you share with me, the new version of the addon package. Please, thank u so much!Selur Wrote: There are no guides whatsoever, since nobody is interested in writing them.
Only thing I did is create an addon-package (Windows only) which contains an extended Vapoursynth folder which atm. includes all the dependencies of:
- vsbasicvsrpp
- vsdpir
- vsgan
- vsrealergan
- vsrife
- vsswinir
and a stack of pth-files from https://upscale.wiki/wiki/Model_Database.
To use the addon, simply:
a. deinstall your current Hybrid version (latest official version does not contain support for all the current filters)
b. install the dev version
c. extract the addon into your Hybrid/64bit-folder
No clue what resizer and filters are 'best' for your content, that is something only you can decide.

->  If you want I can send you a link to my current dev version an the addon via PM. (since the addon is ~10GB large I won't post the download link publicly since it would overload the server.)

Cu Selur
Installing vsswinir should be easy, you simply need to call:
pytho -m pip install --upgrade vsswinir
python -m vsswinir
inside the Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth-folder.
Problem is your Hybrid version doesn't know it and thus won't support it. Just wrote support for it yesterday.

-> I'll send you a link to the addon + my current dev version, make sure to uninstall the old Hybrid before installing the dev version.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Also note that vs-swinir is gives me ~0.005fps for SD->HD conversion on a Ryzen 9 3950x with a Geforce 1070 ti, so it's usable for single image upscale, but probably usually way to slow for upscaling a normal movie.