This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] crash when adding to queue
Hi Selur,

I had an error while attempting to encode an ac3 file.
So I decided to download the last version of Hybrid (2021.07.18.1) to reproduce the bug and then post a thread here.
Actually I couldn't reproduce the bug: I got a crash before starting the job.

Here's the debug file.
Thanks for your help.
Okay, debug outptu stops when starting the job generation.
(no error message)
I see another problem:
mkvextract -> yld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZNKSt3__14__fs10filesystem4path16__root_directoryE
mkvinfo -> yld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZNKSt3__14__fs10filesystem4path16__root_directoryE
mkvmerge -> yld: Symbol not found: __ZTINSt3__14__fs10filesystem16filesystem_error
opusenc -> : Library not loaded: @executable_path/lib/libopus.0.dyli
sox -> dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/lib/libmad.0.dylib
btut that is probably not related to the crash.
-> will look at it after work today and report back.

Cu Selur
(02.09.2021, 05:30)Selur Wrote: Okay, debug outptu stops when starting the job generation.
(no error message)
I see another problem:
mkvextract -> yld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZNKSt3__14__fs10filesystem4path16__root_directoryE
mkvinfo -> yld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZNKSt3__14__fs10filesystem4path16__root_directoryE
mkvmerge -> yld: Symbol not found: __ZTINSt3__14__fs10filesystem16filesystem_error
opusenc -> : Library not loaded: @executable_path/lib/libopus.0.dyli
sox -> dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/lib/libmad.0.dylib
btut that is probably not related to the crash.
-> will look at it after work today and report back.

Cu Selur

Yes, I saw that and I re-validated all the tools to be sure, but it didn't change the status of these mkv tools.

A strange thing about this version (Hybrid_2021.07.18.1), it displays a 2020 version number : 20200817.1
I suppose it's only a mistyping but I tell you, in case it could help.
yeah version number is probably a typo,.. Smile
Can't reproduce the crash here at all.
Send you a link to my current dev verison.
Try that version if it also crashed: Please write a step-by-step guide what you do and create a debug output of it so that I hopefully can reproduce the issue here.

Cu Selur
ok, just for the record :
I kept several versions of Hybrid in separate folders with the version number labeled in the folder name. When I use the Mac information window for each app, it's always the 20200817.1 version number. And I'm sure they're all different versions. So I think it's a problem with my system.

Ok. I put the Hybrid version you sent in the Applications folder and launched it.
I put the debug on.
I set the temp folder.
I made the usual import and settings.
I added the job to the queue... I got an error window telling the mkvmerge version is unknown.
I went to tools and selected the mkvmerge file in MKVToolNix in Hybrid.
I added again the job. Again it couldn't. Another error window asking the same for mkvextract.
I went again to the tools tab and added mkvextract and mkvinfo.
I added again the job... Hybrid crashed.

I put the debug file. Tell me if you need something else.

Maybe I have a clue.
The MKVToolNix version inside Hybrid (61) is too recent for my system (OSX 10.14.6). I use the 53 version.
Should I use the three mkv tools from the 53 version instead of yours?

Ok, I did point to the 53' mkv tools.
Hybrid didn't send an error window but crashed instead.
Try to extract mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvmerge from MKVToolNix.app contents and delete original MKVToolNix.app.

I also use 10.14.6 and MKVToolNix 53, and i always got an error (something related to version check) when i used MKVToolNix.app instead of mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvmerge.

Also make sure you delete preferences folder remaining from older versions of Hybrid ~/Library/Application Support/Hybrid

If you want to use or test different versions of Hybrid and don't want to reset and adjust settings every time - you need to backup that ~/Library/Application Support/Hybrid for each specific version.

Do not rename Hybrid.app and do not run it from random subfolders in Applications folder.

Mac information window may show same version for different Hybrid versions. Seems Selur just don't change it every time during compilation. It is known long time ago but don't affect performance. Real version number is always shown in application window top bar.

See some tips for macOS here https://forum.selur.net/thread-1279.html
Will look at it tomorrow, not at home today. Smile

Cu Selur
It should be okay, to replace the current MKVToolnix.app with the old 53 version.
Tomorrow I'll create a Hybrid version which should output way more to the debug output on job creation, hopefully that helps to find the cause of the problem.
Thanks a lot Shijan for all these infos and tips Wink

(03.09.2021, 19:55)Selur Wrote: It should be okay, to replace the current MKVToolnix.app with the old 53 version.

ok, I'll try this. Thanks.