This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Audio diagram/chart
Photo 
Hi !

Im looking for a tool which is capable of making a diagram/chart from an audio file (mp3,AAC,etc..),where the vertical axis is bitrate ,horizonal is time.
Similar like this ,for example :
Thanks in advance (againSmile)!

[Image: 1dfd5a670660b0305e2cb8efa4388e26.png]
Don't know any tool which does this for all common audio formats.
But, if you know your way around some spreadsheet tool you could use ffprobe to create a csv with the values you want:
ffprobe -select_streams a -i "PATH TO INPUT" -show_entries "frame=pkt_dts,pkt_dts_time,pkt_pts_time,pkt_duration_time,pkt_pos,pkt_size,best_effort_timestamp,best_effort_timestamp_time,sample_fmt,nb_samples,channels,channel_layout" -pretty -print_format csv -of csv > "Path to output.csv"
and then use a speadsheet tool to create the diagrams.

If Python is an option you could use: https://github.com/zeroepoch/plotbitrate which basically uses ffprobe to do the aboce analysis and then creates a graph from that data. Smile

Side note: Spek - Acoustic Spectrum Analyser might be interessting, if you want to look at the spectrum and not the bitrate.

Cu Selur
Py is a no go for me.
Spek ,i know it.
Ffprobe: will try ASAP!

Many many thanks!