This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid with Vapoursynth-MVTollsFPS crashes using ProRes 422, yuv422p10 file
I am using 8mm film transfer to .mov ProRes 422, yuv422p10 file and trying to interpolate from 17.95fps to 59.94fps, encode to H.264.
Only Interframe with Avisynth works.
Interframe/SVP with Vapoursynth and MVTollsFPS with Avisynth and Vapoursynth crashes.
Hybrid crashes right after start, it crashes at any FPS target number.

There is no problem to encode without filtering, or change speed with Speedchange inserting duplicating frames.

It looks like a problem is using that ProRes 422 file, HybridDebugOutput file has a line:
x264 [error]: could not open input file

I sent you HybridDebugOutput file through PM.
Thanks for your help
a. You are using an old version of Hybrid (2021.04.12.1).
b. Can't reproduce the issue here.
Script works fine here, but the cash message:
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
suggests that there is a problem with the Vaporusynth script decoding.
Does the Vapoursynth Preview work fine?

Cu Selur
Ps.: If you are using Avisynth, you should make sure to use the 64bit variant, otherwise it will crash since going from 17.95 to 59.94 fps will probably each 4-6 GB of RAM (might be more depending on the MT settings in Avisynth).
(08.09.2021, 19:40)Selur Wrote: a. You are using an old version of  Hybrid (2021.04.12.1).
b. Can't reproduce the issue here.
Script works fine here, but the cash message:
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
suggests that there is a problem with the Vaporusynth script decoding.
Does the Vapoursynth Preview work fine?

Cu Selur
Ps.: If you are using Avisynth, you should make sure to use the 64bit variant, otherwise it will crash since going from 17.95 to 59.94 fps will probably each 4-6 GB of RAM (might be more depending on the MT settings in Avisynth).

No, the Vapoursynth preview does not work, not opening preview window and does not tell the reason, does not show anything in the code window.
Using 64-bit Avisynth, MVToolsFPSmode does not work, crashes, it crashes even at the target FPS same as the source, 17.95fps, or 18fps. Preview does not work. Trying to open Preview window generates message in the window:
Avisynth preview error: -> Import: unable to locate "" (try specifying a path), error=0x57
Avisynth preview error: -> ConvertToYUY2: only 8 bit sources are supported (, line 13)

My PC has 32GB of RAM.
Quote:Avisynth preview error: -> Import: unable to locate "" (try specifying a path), error=0x57
Avisynth preview error: -> ConvertToYUY2: only 8 bit sources are supported (, line 13)
Ah that's a typo, it should use YV16 not YUY2.
Will fix that and send you a link to a dev version in a few minutes.

Quote:No, the Vapoursynth preview does not work, not opening preview window and does not tell the reason, does not show anything in the code window.
In case this happens with the new version too, please create a debug output of that. (Like I wrote that works fine here.)

Quote:My PC has 32GB of RAM.
That doesn't change that 32bit applications like Avisynth 32bit are restricted to 4GB.

Cu Selur
Sorry, took a bit, real live interfered.
Send you a link to my current dev version which worked fine here with your sample.

Cu Selur
(08.09.2021, 21:28)Selur Wrote: Sorry, took a bit, real live interfered.
Send you a link to my current dev version which worked fine here with your sample.

Cu Selur

Thanks. The dev. version 2021.09.08-211644 works perfectly.