This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] 1st-pass stuck with SSIMD.
Video 
Hello,
I was about to compare SSIMD Spline64 against Bicubic Spline to a friend just so he could see the difference, while the Bicubic Spline one finished encoding really fast, the one with SSIMD enabled is simply stuck at ~98% in the 1st-pass. VPXEnc is not even using my CPU anymore, it just stopped.

I've attached the sample I'm working with. I've been trying to downscale it to 1280x720, to retain a reasonable quality within Discord's limit of 8MB.

Version: Hybrid 2021.11.01.1
Sample: https://files.catbox.moe/fgubyl.webm
[Image: gA0EXFP.png]

P.S: The pause/resume button keeps rising the "parallel jobs" counter every time I click on it.
Without details (encoder settings etc.) -> no clue.
Can't say anything atm. without a debug output.

on a first try the preview failded for me since
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip, matrix_in_s="2020cl",range_s="limited")
complained about:
Resize error: Resize error 3074: invalid colorspace definition (10/2/2 => 0/2/2). May need to specify additional colorspace parameters.
I know what's causing this and can fix this, but I have no clue whether this is related to your issue.
Will look at it after work.

Cu Selur
(04.11.2021, 06:51)Selur Wrote: Without details (encoder settings etc.) -> no clue.
Can't say anything atm. without a debug output.

on a first try the preview failded for me since
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip, matrix_in_s="2020cl",range_s="limited")
complained about:
Resize error: Resize error 3074: invalid colorspace definition (10/2/2 => 0/2/2). May need to specify additional colorspace parameters.
I know what's causing this and can fix this, but I have no clue whether this is related to your issue.
Will look at it  after work.

Cu Selur

Sorry, I forgot about the debug output, it's attached.

Extra info: Also, I did the exact same steps but added "Scale output frame rate" to 30, and now the progress bar is stuck at 197.62%(?)
[Image: 5SRu0oY.png]
Think I found and fixed the problem, send you a new link via PM.

Cu Selur
(04.11.2021, 15:48)Selur Wrote: Think I found and fixed the problem, send you a new link via PM.

Cu Selur

Seems to be working, thank you.