This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] NTSC DVD .VOB file, 29.97fps - every 5th frame is a dupe
I suspect it's a poorly done PAL -> NTSC conversion.  What would be the best way to fix this?
sRestore is probably the filter you want to try.
Is there a particular setting for removing the dupe frames?

I just did a test via Handbrake, and set the output framerate to 25fps and it worked perfectly.

Handbrake file info:

Quote:cabac=1 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=30 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=22.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=20000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoder settings don't influence the frame count, if the encoder itself looses frames it's usually a bug.
No clue what Handbrake has to do with the whole thing, but if it works for you fine with me. Smile

Cu Selur
I still prefer to do the same in Hybrid, I have tried several options with sRestore and so far none have worked.
Strange, normally sRestore should work fine for going back to 23.976 from such PAL content.
If it's a fixed pattern you can also drop frames using SelectEvery.

Cu Selur
I need to go back to the original PAL speed of 25fps.
Ahhh okay,.. I misunderstood you.
I thought you got PAL content with duplicate frames and you wanted to get back to 23.976 NTSC.

To get 25fps you could:
  • change the frame rate to 25fps (Filtering->Speed Change->Change speed) and adjust the audio length and pitch.
  • remove the dublicates (TIVTC or qtgmcBob+sRestore), then change the frame rate to 25 and adjust the audio length and pitch.
  • remove duplicates using (if the content isn't progressive: qtgmc bob +)sRestore and then using your favorite frame interpolation method (i.e. SVP or RIFE) to get 25fps
  • assuming the content is telecined: make sure that the scan order is set to telecine, apply TIVTC or VIVTC and then using your favorite frame interpolation method (i.e. SVP or RIFE) to get 25fps
Since you mentioned bulicates every 5th frame I assume you got telecined content which isn't properly flagged, so adjusting the scan order, applying the IVTC and then either interpolating frames or changing the speed of the audio and video is probably what you want to do.

Cu Selur