This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] ProRes with PCM Won't Create Output File
Send you a new link, made a typo before. Smile

Cu Selur
(18.01.2022, 05:03)Selur Wrote: Send you a new link, made a typo before. Smile

Cu Selur

Thanks @Selur.

I tried the beta test version.  When I started Hybrid, I got a series of error messages that I had to OK: 

Couldn't find: vsMCleanUseMaskedGroupBox
Couldn't find: vsMCleanMaskNameComboBox
Couldn't find: vsMCleanApplyMaskStackedWidget
Couldn't find: vsMCleanLimitMaskLimitSpinBox...

I did not detect any problem as a result of those error messages.

As before, when I ignored the audio the job ran fine.  When I selected Audio passthrough all, the job failed as before.

I have sent you the two debug files by e-mail.

Thanks again for your help,

Graham

(17.01.2022, 16:32)shijan Wrote: Try to delete folder ~/Library/Application Support/Hybrid This will reset all legacy settings for real
Thanks @shijan.

I had already deleted ~/Library/Application Support/Hybrid so unfortunately that was not the solution.
The popups are due to something something I'm working on and can be ignored.
Will look at the debug outputs after work.

Cu Selur
Maybe problem due Big/Little endian in PCM format? As i remember MOV container is sensitive to this. Did you try to convert PCM to PCM instead of passtrough?

Also GrahamF, as it was requested by Selur many times in other threads: "Please do not do full quotes of posts, since it is really annoying to having to scroll to all the previously posted content. "
Simply click "New Reply" button when you post a comment:
[Image: 9thiR7c.jpg]

Quote:I did not install XQuartz or vulkansdk, as it said that they were optional and I do not know what they do.
As described here https://forum.selur.net/thread-1279.html
XQuartz Required to read image sequences by Hybrid
VulkanSDK Required to run Waifu2x nvk and SRMD Vulkan-based VapourSynth filters in Hybrid
@GrahamF: send you a new link to a dev version for testing.

Cu Selur
Uploaded a new version under the same name which should remove the popups at startup,...
(19.01.2022, 18:30)Selur Wrote: Uploaded a new version under the same name which should remove the popups at startup,...

Hi @Selur

Thanks again for all your help.  I am busy this evening, but I managed to run it quickly on the Very Fast De-interlacing setting.  The good news is that this time it produced a video picture with sound!  The not so good news is that the picture was a very thin letterbox - i.e. the aspect ratio was wrong.  I have sent you the latest debug file.

Still, we are definitely heading in the right direction!

Thanks again,
Graham
Quote:picture was a very thin letterbox - i.e. the aspect ratio was wrong.
Without a sample to reproduce it, I doubt that.
With
width: 720
height: 576
a par of 59:54
DAR is 1.36574074
like Hybrid calculated.
Only thing that might be 'wrong' is the assumed input par type (which can be change through 'Crop/Resize->Bas->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)->Force input PAR type' and changes how the input PAR is interpreted).

Cu Selur
(19.01.2022, 20:27)Selur Wrote:
Quote:picture was a very thin letterbox - i.e. the aspect ratio was wrong.
Without a sample to reproduce it, I doubt that.
With
width: 720
height: 576
a par of 59:54
DAR is 1.36574074
like Hybrid calculated.
Only thing that might be 'wrong' is the assumed input par type (which can be change through 'Crop/Resize->Bas->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)->Force input PAR type' and changes how the input PAR is interpreted).

Cu Selur

According to MediaInfo, the input file has a DAR of 4:3, whereas the Hybrid output file has a DAR of 255.  I'm happy to try some more runs tomorrow and send you the input & output .mov files and the associated debug files.

Thanks,
Graham
DAR or 255 seems wrong. A sample of the input and short list of instructions on how to reproduce it would be good.

Cu Selur