This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

"found no video or audio data in input" for everything -- Debian
I've got an absolute ton of VHS and Hi8 captures that are coming from lossless AVIs, and going to ProRes 422 HQ files for editing.  So many to the point where I've set up a dedicated server to host them.  I've had great success running Hybrid to deinterlace and convert them using QTGMC and the lordsmurf approved "faster" preset.  Basically this is what I'd like to keep doing, but I've been striving to run the whole process from the server itself lately.

Ok, now for the actual issue.  The server is running TrueNas Scale, which is debian based.  It is a headless server with no GUI, so after trying many different options of just running ffmpeg based deinterlacers, I just couldn't live without QTGMC.  I've gotten Hybrid installed, and I've even recently gotten the GUI to work using X11 forwarding-- all of the options I need are ready and available.  BUT, as soon as I choose a file (any file) it tells me it's running ffmpeg's analyzer and finding no video or audio data, no matter if I choose an AVI containing a lagarith stream or If I try to select one of my already deinterlaced prores files.  I feel like this must be a case of something simple being missing, but I'm kind of stumped.

PS. unrelated to this, is there a way to force the DAR?  I've used the ffmpeg option to force DAR to 4x3 and it works nicely, but no matter what I select in hybrid I seem to end up with 720x480 files with square pixels displaying stretched and needing to be forced in playback

thank you!!
Without a debug output (read the sticky!), no real clue about your issue.
Did you install the packaged Hybrid or the binary only download?

Regarding DAR: No support for DAR in Hybrid. Hybrid uses PAR (pixel aspect ratio) as it's way more precise.
If you don't want 1:1 square tell Hybrid so.

Cu Selur
Here's the debug output-- I'm guessing it has something to do with the mplayer error...

As far as the DAR/PAR is concerned, I would always put 8:9 in the input PAR section, and on windows this seemed to result in proper 4:3 display output, but on a Mac it did nothing-- plus no matter what I can't seem to get it to stick between uses... but I'll have to reinvestigate this with a proper debug output
Regarding saving settings read: [INFO] About profiles and saving settings,....

Quote: I would always put 8:9 in the input PAR section, and on windows this seemed to result in proper 4:3 display output, but on a Mac it did nothing
You should only overwrite the input PAR if your content is wrongly flagged.
If your content is shown properly in the (Vapoursynth) Preview, you should tell Hybrid to convert to a specific output PAR. (independent of the OS)

About the error:
My guess is that it's somehow related to what you did for the x11 forwarding and I agree that it's probably because of the lack of libegl1.
Did you try 'apt install libegl1' or 'apt install libegl-dev' ?

--
Problem is that atm. Hybrid still depends on mplayer to identify, audio&video streams (removal of this dependency is planned, but not around the corner or even started), so if mplayer doesn't work Hybrid doesn't detect audio&video streams.

Cu Selur
Apparently I have both libegl1 and libegl-dev installed and up to date, I've also successfully installed mplayer through apt, but invoking it gives the same error.  Is it possible that it requires 32 bit binaries or something like that?

I can try installing on another linux system later to see if I have the same issue.

I installed from the package in the downloads area with all the plugins included--
It's a 62bit binary, so it should not require (or be able to use) 32bit library.
Since the mplayer build installed through apt has the same issue, I suspect that it's some incompatibilty with mplayer and your (simulated) x11 environment.

the used call:
"/opt/hybrid/hybrid/mplayer" /mnt/VidCap_RAID-100/CP_Video_Capture/Hi8/CP_Hi8_31.avi -v -msglevel identify=6 -nolirc -frames 0 -nosound -vo null -ao null
should only output to the terminal (std::cout and std::cerr).

Quote:I installed from the package in the downloads area with all the plugins included--
That should allow to run Hybrid without Vapoursynth (that needs more, see: https://github.com/Selur/hybrid-vapoursynth-addon) just fine.

Cu Selur
Alright, so I was able to get around the mplayer issue by installing the package "libegl1-nvidia" despite having no nvidia hardware installed.  Odd.  Now on to making sure vapoursynth works on this system...
Unexpected, but good you found a solution.
Big Grin

Cu Selur
Ugh, so this has been quite a journey.

I'm on my 3rd distro right now on the same server, still committed to getting things working.

I'm back on Debian (regular, not truenas) after a terrible experience trying Ubuntu 20.xx, which I almost had working, but the absolute paths were driving me nuts.  Essentially now I have gotten things to the point where I can Load hybrid, and even preview my settings for QTGMC, but only after deleting all of the references to loading the plugins in the generated script for vapoursynth.  Otherwise I get an error that the plugins are already loaded like this:

"Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: Plugin /home/cody/opt/vapoursynth/vsplugins/libaddgrain.so already loaded (com.holywu.addgrain) from /home/cody/opt/vapoursynth/vsplugins/libaddgrain.so

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2832, in vapoursynth._vpy_evaluate
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2833, in vapoursynth._vpy_evaluate
File "/tmp/tempPreviewVapoursynthFile19_13_29_007.vpy", line 11, in
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="/home/cody/opt/vapoursynth/vsplugins/libaddgrain.so")
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2580, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: Plugin /home/cody/opt/vapoursynth/vsplugins/libaddgrain.so already loaded (com.holywu.addgrain) from /home/cody/opt/vapoursynth/vsplugins/libaddgrain.so"

Maybe I need to start all over again one last time (I'm sure I've caused a hell of a mess following both the instructions from the git for the hybrid-vapoursynth-addons, and this guide from l33tmeatwad in order to get all the plugins successfully built:  https://www.l33tmeatwad.com/vapoursynth1...s639lJ6rRN)

anyway, if you've got any ideas, i'm all ears...  thanks again...
Check if /home/cody/opt/vapoursynth/env.sh exists if it does try renaming it fo /home/cody/opt/vapoursynth/env.sh.bak, iirc that should stop Hybrid from lading the plugins on non-Windows OSs.(Sadly the Vapousynth authors haven't come around to implement an option to disable autoloading of the plugins.)

I'll try to look at it after work if I find the time.

Cu Selur