This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] about bicubic resize
according to this
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Resize
BicubicResize may be the most visually pleasing of the Resize filters for downsizing to half-size or less.doom9
Try the default setting, (b=0, c=0.75) as above, or (b= -0.5, c=0.25).
Is hybrid bicubicresize use the default setting?How to set  (b= -0.5, c=0.25) in hybrid?
Thank you.
You enable resizing (Crop/Resize->Base->Resize, set the base setting you want).
Then you overwrite the general resizer by enabling "Filtering->Avisynth->Resizer->Resizer".
Select the resizer (i.e. 'BicubicResize') and the resizer specific values (i.e. bluring and ringing) you want.

Cu Selur
(07.04.2022, 05:28)Selur Wrote: You enable resizing (Crop/Resize->Base->Resize, set the base setting you want).
Then you overwrite the general resizer by enabling "Filtering->Avisynth->Resizer->Resizer".
Select the resizer (i.e. 'BicubicResize') and the resizer specific values (i.e. bluring and ringing) you want.

Cu Selur
Which filter is hybrid's default?vapoursynth or avisynth?
By default Hybrid uses Vapoursynth. (whether to use Vapoursynth or Avisynth is controlled by Filtering->Support)

Cu Selur
How to set (b= -0.5, c=0.25) in Vapoursynth?Avisyth isn't available in Windows 10.
Thanks
afaik: You can't.
The filters in Vapoursynth are not identical to Avisynth and thus do not have the same parameters.

Cu Selur
How Vapoursynth deal with bicubic resize?use (b=0, c=0.75) as default?and how to exam a output video is bicubic use (b=0, c=0.75) or (b=-0.5, c=0.25)?
Just noticed that I missed half of the previous post since you set the font size to 1.
-> is your system broken in some way or why would you do that?

Quote:Avisyth isn't available in Windows 10.
Thanks
Avisynth is available on Windows only. So if you can't use it on Windows 10 you are doing something wrong.

Quote:and how to exam a output video is bicubic use (b=0, c=0.75) or (b=-0.5, c=0.25)?
Since we are talking Avisynth here: You look at the Avisynth Preview once with settings set to A and one with settings set to B.
If you can't tell the difference between your settings, it doesn't matter for you which settings you use.

Cu Selur
It just isn‘t available in my win 10 home edition
[Image: 22d42150a61e4a7d.png]
[Image: 2e64c7447573d6cb.png]
It is, you just need to switch Support to Avisynth,... (Lower right corner)