This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

AVI: Stream 1 (audio) has a non-zero start position
(04.05.2022, 16:31)Selur Wrote: Have you tried using VirtualDub2?

1. VirtualDub I often use for cutting without reencoding whole file. VirtualDub2, unlike VirtualDub, very often gives a message about the impossibility of performing this operation.

2. Some filters only work in VirtualDub, for example, Logoaway filter.
Okay.
Since you found a solution for you (using ffmpeg for muxing), I won't investigate this further, since trying to fix some incompatibility with some software that:
a. has been abandoned for 7+ years
b. informs the user that the problem is due to a missing feature of the software.

Cu Selur
(04.05.2022, 19:31)Selur Wrote: Okay.
Since you found a solution for you (using ffmpeg for muxing), I won't investigate this further, since trying to fix some incompatibility with some software that:
a. has been abandoned for 7+ years
b. informs the user that the problem is due to a missing feature of the software.

Cu Selur

This file does not play on many software players, not only in virtualdub.

Quote:I encoded the file with Xvid codec in Hybrid.
Target file is not playable.
Mediainfo:

General
Duration : 2 min 41 s

Video
Duration : 2 min 25 s

Audio
Duration : 2 min 41 s
Then simply don't use mencoder for muxing to avi.
Please remove the option to choose "use mencoder for muxing to avi".
Just remove the "Avi settings" field.
I have not clue why .avi is still a thing in 2022.
'Avi Settings' will get dropped in case I drop .avi support.
-> not chaning how Hybrid works.

Cu Selur