This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Audio sync problem
Hi Pros and Amateurs!Smile

Need a little help here :
I have a movie in two different versions:

#1: 4K ,23.976 fps ,ac3 384 kbps
#2 : 1080p ,24 fps ,eac3 640 kbps

How can i mux the 640 kbps audio in the 4K mkv container?
I tried a simple mux-in and the audio gets desynced of course...
Any help would be nice!
Simple remux would only work if:
a. the length of both versions differs by a factor of 24/23.976, and
b. the content of both version (so no different cuts, etc.)
is the same.

Assuming that the content is the same, but the playback length differs by the 24/23.976 and you use .mkv as output container, one could do the remux using MKVToolnix GUI and adjust the length by settings a corresponding 'Strech by' info in the properties of the audio clip.

Assuming that the content is the same, but the playback length differs by the 24/23.976 and you do not use .mkv as output container, the only solution would be to reencode the audio while setting "Audio->Base->Filtering->Speed change" accordingly.

If the content isn't exaclty the same your only option is using a full fledget NLE and and start editing the audio,... (Hybrid can't help there)

Cu Selur
Thank you!
Will try ASAP!