This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] 25i to 29.97i with interpolation
Script:

# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
import os
import ctypes
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
import sys
# getting Vapoursynth core
core = vs.core
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SharpenFilter/CAS/CAS.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/Cnr2/libcnr2.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/HQDN3D/libhqdn3d.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/MiscFilter/MiscFilters/MiscFilters.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3m.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter/neo-fft3d.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/vsznedi3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Import scripts
import edi_rpow2
import G41Fun
import mvsfunc
import havsfunc
# source: 'S:\Ghostwatch\Ghostwatch-In\Ghostwatch_LDPS505T_TX31-10-1992-Apple ProRes 422 HQ.mov'
# current color space: YUV422P10, bit depth: 10, resolution: 720x576, fps: 25, color matrix: 170m, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: top field first
# Loading S:\Ghostwatch\Ghostwatch-In\Ghostwatch_LDPS505T_TX31-10-1992-Apple ProRes 422 HQ.mov using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="S:/Ghostwatch/Ghostwatch-In/Ghostwatch_LDPS505T_TX31-10-1992-Apple ProRes 422 HQ.mov", format="YUV422P10", cache=0, fpsnum=25, prefer_hw=0)
# Setting color matrix to 170m.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Matrix=6)
clip = clip if not core.text.FrameProps(clip,'_Transfer') else core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Transfer=6)
clip = clip if not core.text.FrameProps(clip,'_Primaries') else core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Primaries=5)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# ColorMatrix: adjusting color matrix from 170m to 709
# adjusting luma range to 'limited' due to post clipping
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, matrix_in_s="170m", matrix_s="709", range_in=0, range=0)
# converting interlaced to half-height progressive for filtering (vsMLDegrain) (QTGMC(preset="Fast"))
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", Lossless=2, TFF=True) # new fps: 50
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0)
# adjusting color space from YUV422P10 to YUV444P8 for vsMLDegrain
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P8, range_s="limited", dither_type="error_diffusion")
# removing grain using MLDegrain
clip = G41Fun.MLDegrain(clip=clip, tr=1, soft=[0,0,0])
# denoising using HQDN3D
clip = core.hqdn3d.Hqdn3d(clip=clip, lum_spac=0.00, chrom_spac=7.00, chrom_tmp=10.50)
# adjusting color space from YUV444P8 to YUV422P8 for vsCnr2
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV422P8, range_s="limited")
# chroma denoising using VsCnr2
clip = core.cnr2.Cnr2(clip=clip, mode="oxx")
# contrast sharpening using CAS
clip = core.cas.CAS(clip=clip)
# adjusting color space from YUV422P8 to YUV420P8 for Interframe
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="limited")
# Not using InterFrame since input (50) is less or equal target (29.97) fps!
# resizing using ZNEDI3
# current: 720x576 target: 1476x1080 -> pow: 4
clip = edi_rpow2.nnedi3_rpow2(clip=clip, rfactor=4) # 2880x2304
# adjusting resizing
clip = core.fmtc.resample(clip=clip, w=1476, h=1080, kernel="lanczos", interlaced=False, interlacedd=False)
# converting progressive to interlaced for 'progressive to interlaced'
clip = core.std.SeparateFields(clip=clip, tff=True)
clip = core.std.SelectEvery(clip=clip, cycle=4, offsets=[0, 3])
clip = core.std.DoubleWeave(clip=clip, tff=True) # resolution 1476x1080
clip = core.std.SelectEvery(clip=clip, cycle=2, offsets=0) # new fps: 25
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# adjusting output color from: YUV420P16 to YUV422P10 for ProResModel
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV422P10, range_s="limited", dither_type="error_diffusion")
# set output frame rate to 29.970fps
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
# Output
clip.set_output()

[Image: Screenshot-2022-06-30-171903.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-06-30-171935.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-06-30-171954.png]

[Image: Capture.png]
totally strange,..
I got InterFrame to work last week with Interlaced set to TopFrame for ProRes, no QTGMC and InterFrame to 29.97.

But you mentioned it would look better with QTGMC?
You are already using QTGMC. Wink

It'll send you a link to a new dev version in a ~5min, then try with that version:
  • loading your 25i source
  • setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Finter interlace handling' to 'QTGMC(preset="Fast")'.
  • enabling "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation"
  • setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation" to "Interframe/SVP"
  • setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation->Interframe/SVP->FPS" to "59.94"
  • setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation->Interframe/SVP->Tuning" to "smooth"
  • doing the rest of your settings (make sure encoder is set to interlaced output)

Cu Selur
It is now processing the video file Smile

I will let you know the results when processing is complete in 18 hours time.
It has worked - and very well. The file looks amazing. Thank you for your help!

Here is a report from MediaInfo - is this correct?

[Image: Screenshot-2022-07-02-at-10-38-37.png]
Quote:Here is a report from MediaInfo - is this correct?
It should. The script create 29.97i content like you wanted, so this is what I would expect as output.
Thanks. Can I use the same method to create clean 25i footage from the original 25i master?
Do you want to reencode 25i to 25i or something else?
(when converting 25i to 25i you could use "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Finter interlace handling' to 'QTGMC(preset="Fast")', but using interframe doesn't make sense then)
Thank you, I will try this.