This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

sRGB
Hi,

is there a way we can convert Clips from BT709 to sRGB in x264 and/ or x265?

Greetings
Nope. x265 does only support yuv input afaik.; x264 does accept raw rgb as input, but Hybrid doesn't. So no, if you need rgb output Hybrid isn't really suited.

Cu Selur
ah, because in OBS Studio, x264 is accepting sRGB, thats why im asked, so i think Staxrip also dont support it, but anyways, it wouldnt bring anything if then compressed into x265.
OBS, uses the libraries and not like Hybrid the command line tools. Smile

Cu Selur
Ah, ok.

Another Question:

some years ago, you had some Thread in this Forum where we are able to translate Hybrid into different languages, i want to translate the Hybrid GUI and popup menus into german as a timefiller hobby project when compressing is running, but i think you said its not possible like editing a simple .cpp file for c++ in Visual Basic as example. Was ago 2 or 3 Years, cant find the Thread anymore in Search. There was with the qt engine someting, dont know about it anymore.
I removed most of the translation stuff from the code years ago.
In Qt translation works basically like this:
a. each text that should be ranslatable needs to be marked as such.
b. then a base translation file is created.
c. using qt linguist one can than translate this file into translation (ts) files for different languages. This also requires the .ui (user interface) design files.
d. the application would let the user select which translation to use.

One could do the translation without qt linguist. by editing the .ts file.
The .ts file is a simple xml file with messtage-elements like this.
    <message>
        <location filename="Frontend/MainHelper/UI/AVStats.ui"/>
        <source>AVStats</source>
        <translation>A/V Statistik</translation>
    </message>
a "location": the file where the text is in
a "source": the source text that gets translated
and the "translation", the new translated text.

Main annoyance with this is that the source-text also includes any formating:
    <message>
        <location filename="Frontend/MainHelper/UI/AVStats.ui"/>
        <source>&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd&quot;&gt;
&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;meta name=&quot;qrichtext&quot; content=&quot;1&quot; /&gt;&lt;style type=&quot;text/css&quot;&gt;
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
&lt;/style&gt;&lt;/head&gt;&lt;body style=&quot; ; font-weight:400; font-style:normal;&quot;&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-weight:600; text-decoration: underline; &quot;&gt;Video:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;This shows the video informations detected for the currently selected video stream.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;</source>
        <translation type="unfinished"></translation>
    </message>
so it's a bit of annoying.

For the fun of it I created a translation file for the current source code (which isn't properly prepared for this), so you can see what it looks like.

-> Translation Hybrid probably won't happen any time soon since it would require that I go through the whole code prepare it so at least the translation files get created properly and only strings that should be translated are inside the files.

Cu Selur

Ps.: iirc the old translation thread was in the old forum.selur.de forum years ago.

Attached Files
.7z   translation.7z (Size: 269,46 KB / Downloads: 80)