This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Pal SD 25i to 50i Bob to 23.98 conform?
Is it possible to go from PAL SD 25i to QTGMC 50i (bob) then sRestore back to 25fps, then slow down to a 23.976 conform?

I'm working on upscaling some old film footage that was transferred to video at 25fps. I need to deinterlace, then upscale and revert back to its original 24fps film speed.
Quote:Is it possible to go from PAL SD 25i to QTGMC 50i (bob) then sRestore back to 25fps, then slow down to a 23.976 conform?
Yes, you can do that, but note that this way you will have to also adjust the audio speed since the last step will change the sync.

First, I would try to Bob and then sRestore to 23.976. (since this way playback length doesn't change and thus audio can stay as it is)

Cu Selur
I need the output file to be conformed to 23.976, so it plays back approx 4% slower.
If you are sure that the way to get it to PAL was a speedUp that is fine, but there are tons of ugly ways to do normconversions.
see: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndfhri61f5...ish%29.pdf

Cu Selur