This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

CRASH when converting from MKV to mp4
Hello Selur,

I need to convert a mkv movie to mp4.
   I need just a change of container.
   To do that I selected "mp4" as container and "passthrough all" both for video and audio.  
   Unfortunately Hybrid crash when I run the task, more precisely when is adding the subtitles.

I attached the debug file.
Will look at IT in Monday, visiting parents over the Christmas .

Merry Christmas.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Dan

Hello Selur!

Problem solved !
   The "mkv" file, contained a EAC3 audio track, which is not supported by "mp4" container.
   I added the conversion to "AAC" and now the change of container is working as expected.

Thanks!,
Dan
Happy you found a solution, but according to the debug output the issue was with the subtitles:
FFmpeg output: E:\TVshows\Kung Fu\Kung.Fu.S01.720p\Kung.Fu.S01E15.The.Ancient.Warrior.720p_0_en.ttxt: Invalid data found when processing input
Not with the audio stream.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

you are right, but after having included the encoding of audio track to "AAC" also the inclusion of subtitles worked as expected.
  It is strange maybe It was a side effect...

Thanks,
Dan
In case you still got the 'Kung.Fu.S01E15.The.Ancient.Warrior.720p_id_3_lang_en.srt' and/or the "E:\TVshows\Kung Fu\Kung.Fu.S01.720p\Kung.Fu.S01E15.The.Ancient.Warrior.720p_0_en.ttxt" subtitle files? (ideally both, but if you got the .srt I can convert it to ttxt manually.)
If you do it would be nice if you could share them, so I try to figure out what FFmpeg doesn't like about the ttxt.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

At the following link (the file will be deleted after the download) you can download a copy of the file

Kung.Fu.S01E15.The.Ancient.Warrior.720p_5m.mkv

Thanks,
Danilo
Got the file, thanks.
-> Seems like Hybrid switches to ffmpeg as mp4 muxer to support the eac3 audio, but ffmpeg has issues with the ttxt subtitles. => looking into it. Smile

Cu Selur