This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth: Unknown filter 'aSharp' in custom filter order!
Hello Selur,

When I'm using Avisynth filter and I select the following filters

Deen1b1_Deen
FFT3DGPU
Deblock
LSFmod
aWarpSharp
FineDehalo
FastLineDarkenMOD4
Spline36Resize

and then I select Filtering->Misc->Custom Filter Order

I get the following error: Unknown filter 'aSharp' in custom filter order!

I attached the script generated and the Debug file.

Thanks,
Dan
Ah, that's a typo, which I think I already fixed in my dev version.
Will build a new dev package and send you a link in ~15min.

Cu Selur
Send you a link.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

I installed the dev version, and now the problem has been fixed.

I'm using for testing the following file

https://file.io/7daaniEpSD7g

and I attached the script used.

On this file the quality of up-scaling is comparable with the one obtained using A.I upscaler like RealESRGAN-anime, but is much faster.

I have 2 questions:

1)  Are available GPU versions of AVS filter used in the attached script (at least for some of them) ?
2)  It is possible to write an equivalent Vapoursynth script ?

Thanks,
Dan
(27.12.2022, 12:07)Selur Wrote: Ah, that's a typo, which I think I already fixed in my dev version.
Will build a new dev package and send you a link in ~15min.

Cu Selur

Hi, Selur.
Could you please send it to me too? I'm facing the same problem described by the OP. Sad
Quote:1) Are available GPU versions of AVS filter used in the attached script (at least for some of them) ?
Looking at your script:
LWLibavVideoSource("E:\VideoTest\Anime_Upscale\ToonResize\scooby_doo.e.i.mostri.del.cinema.2013.italian.dvdrip.mkv",cache=false,dr=true,format="YUV420P8", prefer_hw=0,repeat=true)
# current resolution: 720x544
# filtering
Deen1b1_Deen(mode="a3d")
FFT3DGPU(ow=16,oh=16,mode=1,precision=0)
Deblock(planes="yuv")
LSFmod(Smode=5,Smethod=3,Lmode=4,soft=-2,edgemaskHQ=true)
aWarpSharp()
FineDehalo()
SuperToon()
# scaling to 1280x968
Spline36Resize(1280,968)
# Converting from 8 to 10bit for encoder
ConvertBits(10)
# setting output fps to 25.000fps
AssumeFPS(25,1)
There are no GPU filters.
Deen was never ported to Vapoursynth, since KNLMeansCL and other filters do a better job.
FFT3DGPU is Avisynth only
There is no gpu version of Deblock, or aWarpSharp.
FineDehalo is a script which uses Masktools and Removegrain, both are cpu only.

Quote:2) It is possible to write an equivalent Vapoursynth script ?
Probably not, but one can probably do better. You just would have to look into it.
I would probably start with:
  • MCDegrainSharp to remove the grain and sharpen it a bit,
  • KNLMeansCL on Y only and distance 0 with a relatively high value to remove the main luma noise from flat areas.
  • GLSL AdaptiveSharpen to sharpen the lines
so something like:
# removing grain using MCDegrain
clip = mcdegrainsharp.mcdegrainsharp(clip=clip, csharp=0.50)
# denoising using KNLMeansCL
clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip, d=0, h=5.00, channels="Y")
# adjusting color space from YUV420P8 to YUV444P16 for vsGLSLAdaptiveSharpen
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P16, range_s="limited")
with open("i:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GLSL/parameterized/adaptive-sharpen.glsl") as glslf:
  glsl = glslf.read()
glsl = glsl.replace('#define curve_height    1.0', '#define curve_height    1.5000')
glsl = glsl.replace('#define anime_mode      false', '#define anime_mode    true')
glsl = glsl.replace('#define overshoot_ctrl  false', '#define overshoot_ctrl  false')
glsl = glsl.replace('#define video_level_out false', '#define video_level_out true')
clip = core.placebo.Shader(clip=clip, shader_s=glsl, width=clip.width, height=clip.height)
If you like the line thinning of aWarpSharp, I would alternatively try 'Thin (GLSL-A4K)' and instead of SuperToon for the line darkening I would try 'Darken (GLSL-A4K), since GLSL filters are usually really fast.

Cu Selur