This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Strange input PAR
Scan order is already set to TFF under the ProRes setting.
If you bob the content, you see that the forward and backward movement while scrolling through the video, so the field order of the source isn't bff, but tff.
Depending on why you are doing this might be important.

Cu Selur
You really got a hand for finding totally screwed content.
Turning the brightness up and looking through the clip. Cry
Tons of macro blocks due to over compression and the chroma is broken.

Since I had some time,...

Throwing away half the chroma resolution, by using:
[Y, U, V] = core.std.SplitPlanes(clip)
X = 2 # maybe 2.5
U = core.resize.Bilinear(U, height=clip.height/X)
U = core.resize.Bilinear(U, height=clip.height)
V = core.resize.Bilinear(V, height=clip.height/X)
V = core.resize.Bilinear(V, height=clip.height)
clip = core.std.ShufflePlanes(clips=[Y, U, V], planes=[0, 0, 0], colorfamily=vs.YUV)
in a custom section can help with some of the chroma mess:
[Image: grafik.png]
adding BalanceBorders
bbmod(c=clip,cLeft=16,cTop=0,cRight=8,cBottom=16)
under the cropping in the filter order, helps with some of the issues at the corners.
adding MCDeGrainSharp and DeSpot also helps a bit cleaning it up.:
adding some deblocking (maybe this was a bit strong)
script: https://pastebin.com/tT61Wwcu
=> Before upscaling (used only bicubic for the preview) such content, I would recommend doing some cleaning. (and maybe after the resizing some light sharpening)

Cu Selur
Thanks - can I import that script?
No, all the paths are adjusted to my system.

You can build the script in Hybrid yourself, by:
  • loading your source in Hybrid
  • enabling 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Crop' and setting the crop values to left: 12, top: 2, right: 12, bottom: 2.
  • enabling 'Crop/Resize->Base->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)->Convert output to PAR' and selecting 'Square Pixels (1:1)'
  • changing 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Resize->Auto adjust' to 'width' and setting width to 1080.
  • enabling 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Resize->Auto adjust to mod' to '8'.
  • enabling 'Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->Overwrite input scan type to' and setting it to 'top field first'.
  • enabling 'Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->OpenCL' (not really needed, but it does speed things up.
  • enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->DeBlock->DeblockPP7' and setting 'CQ' to '2' and 'Mode' to 'medium thresholding (compromise between hard and soft)'.
  • enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->DeNoise->Despot'.
  • changing 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Filter Order/Queue' by moving 'Despot' behind 'DeblockPP7'.
  • enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Line->Misc->Balanced Borders' and setting 'left' to 16, 'right' to 8 and 'bottom' to 16.
  • changing 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Filter Order/Queue' by moving 'BalanceBorders' behind 'Crop'.
  • enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->DeGrain->MCDegrainSharp'.
  • changing 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Insert before' to 'FieldMatch (TFM)' enabling the custom section and inserting:
    X = 2 # maybe 2.5
    clip = core.std.ShufflePlanes(clips=[Y, U, V], planes=[0, 0, 0], colorfamily=vs.YUV)

Cu Selur
this is another project I need to output by interpolation to 29.97, as previously.
Then adjust the interlaced handling accordingly. Smile

Oh, I missed above:
  • changing 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Insert before' to 'FieldMatch (TFM)' enabling the custom section and inserting:
    X = 2 # maybe 2.5
Im not seeing "Balanced Borders" - what does this do?
Look at the borders, left, right, bottom in the screenshot I posted Smile

Cu Selur