This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DVD folder is not properly transcoded
Hi,

Hybrid doesn't seem to transcode the video if the input is a DVD folder, with several Vob files in it. I get a resultant single Mp4 file (which is what I want), but it only has about 25 minutes of video, although it shows close to 3 hours in the video player. Playback stops at about 25 minutes. The filesize is also consistent with a 25 minute clip. The actual DVD has about 3 hours of playback time.

Hybrid version : Windows x64 2018.02.03.3
No error messages
Should work. At least it does work here.
What do you do step by step?
Will look at the DebugOutput once I'm home from work.

Cu Selur
Step by step:

1) Start Hybrid, check "DVD input".
2)Click the "DVD Video" symbol and select the "Video_TS" folder.
3) Select x265 for video, and "Passthrough all" for audio.
4) Cliick the "+" symbol to extract the first subtitle. (This takes unusually long, almost 30 seconds.)
5) Go to x265 tab and select my preconfigured preset.
6) Go back to the "base" tab, selct "generate", and start the job.
Is the length shown correctly are therefore multiple titles in the DVD?
What's happening is that it is only transcoding the first Vob file in the folder (VTS_01_1.vob). But it is showing the total length of all the Vob files for the output file, but only playing upto the end of the first one.
Ah, there seems to be a problem with the d2v indexing call.
-> looking into it
Hi,

I'm not sure if you got my PM - the dev vesion you sent me via PM to fix this issue, did not start at all. It simply gives the error "Hybrid GUI has stopped working."
Will look into it once I'm home, .. try whether deinstalling the Version completely and reinstalling helps,..
Also try whether extracting the attached file into:
Hybrid/platforms
and
Hybrid/64bit/platforms
fixes the issue

Cu Selur

Ps.: also updated the dev download (same link) with a version which directly comes with this file. Smile
Hi,

I was able to start Hybrid once I extracted the file into the folders, but:

1) The audio stream was not extracted at all for the encode. 

2) Only the first three Vob files were encoded, which meant about one and a half hours of video, instead of the three hours there is. (Earlier, only the first Vob was encoded, now the first three. There are actually seven Vob files in the folder.)