This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cleaning old 640x480 AVI clips
(03.02.2024, 20:57)Selur Wrote: Please, stop using full-quotes, it really makes reading your posts tiring.
Ok, sorry.

(03.02.2024, 20:57)Selur Wrote: If you want to keep the color sampling to 4:2:2 while using FFV1, configure 'Color space' to 'i422'.
Yes, before your answer I have prepared both 4:2:0 and also 4:2:2 color sampling.

Hmm. So:
1. If I insert original AVI file to Hybrid I can see:
# current color space: YUV422P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 640x480, fps: 30, color matrix: 470bg, yuv luminance scale: full, scanorder: progressive
So it seems it is full range. But if I process the file, even using i422, I get :
# current color space: YUV422P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 640x480, fps: 30, color matrix: 470bg, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: progressive
So it seems it limited.
2. If I insert AVI into S. Encoder and put the resultant file into Hybrid, I also get:
# current color space: YUV422P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 640x480, fps: 30, color matrix: 470bg, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: progressive
So what do you suggest to do to get the same visially file after applying the filters in Hybrid as the original file?
If the original file is "full", then why should I change into "limited"?

Maybe I should just upload original AVI file into Hybrid, apply filters and use 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Basic->Levels' set 'In(min/max)' to '0/255', set 'Out (min/max)' to '0/235' and set 'Range signaling' to 'full'?

PS I have played with the settings and it seems that the path you have proposed is fine:
"use 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Basic->Levels' set 'In(min/max)' to '0/255', set 'Out (min/max)' to '16/235' and set 'Range signaling' to 'limited'"
It gives an even higher dynamic range than the original file...to be honest, I do not why such an approach is ok. If the original file shows 0-255 full scale, why limit it give at least the same dynamic range?
Should I add this setting in the Filter queue as the last line? - it goes automatically to the end.
PS 2 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Basic->Levels' set 'In(min/max)' to '0/255', set 'Out (min/max)' to '16/235' and set 'Range signaling' to 'limited'. - what about setting 'Out (min/max)' to '0/255' and setting 'Range signaling' to 'full'. ?
I must check.
PS3 The original AVI changed into 'Out (min/max)' to '0/255' and setting 'Range signaling' to 'full' gives darker shadows and blown-out highlights - 'In(min/max)' set to '0/255' .
The original AVI changed into 'Out (min/max)' to '16/235' and setting 'Range signaling' to 'limited' gives brighter shadows and more information in highlights - 'In(min/max)' set to '0/255' . The whole clip looks less contrasty.
Flags can be wrong, some containers/formats might not support the flags.
You should enable the historgram for the preview (Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Preview->Histogram)
(08.02.2024, 22:01)Selur Wrote: Flags can be wrong, some containers/formats might not support the flags.
You should enable the historgram for the preview (Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Preview->Histogram)

Thank you. I opened the Histogram yesterday and checked a few settings.
Below I show what happens when I:
1. put AVI file to Hybrid and processed,
2. put AVI file to Shutter Encoder and changed into FFV1 and then put to Hybrid and processed.

1. https://imgsli.com/MjM4ODc3 - original vs AVI file to Shutter Encoder and changed into FFV1 and then put to Hybrid and processed: looks the same as far as DR is concerned
2. https://imgsli.com/MjM4ODgx -  comparison of AVI file to Hybrid and processed with AVI file to Shutter Encoder and changed into FFV1 and then put to Hybrid and processed: look how bright parts are blown away. The shadows are also darker.
By the way, both DeHalo filters (YAHR 1/16 + FineDeHalo) remove halo effects very well. Just frame comparison does not show the real noise which was removed using QTGMC filter.
All in all direct insertion to Hybrid leads to a change in the brightness of the image. What is strange, when looking at the histogram, one clip showed a difference and another hardly ever but outputs were clearly different. I must change some more clips during the weekend. I also add the original AVI file.
https://we.tl/t-pwxKTTSraU