This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NVEnc unexpectly change fps from 23.976 to 19.181
Hello Selur,

I found a strange bug in Hybrid 2023.02.05.1. I attached the DebugOutput.
   As you can see at row 5502 is provided in input a video with a frame rate of 23.976fps, but then is recalculated a "wrong" fps of 19.181 (see row 5516).

Unfortunately it is a bug that it is difficult to understand by looking to the DebugOutput, since I think that is a bug related to the GUI.

Here the steps to reproduce the bug.

1) It is necessary to set NVEnc as encoder in the processing section of the "Base" tab.

2) Check the box "NVEnc->Hardware->Only use encoder" (this will disable the external filter support)

3) In "Config" tab select "Save All" in the lower Defaults section.

4) Close Hybrid

5) Open Hybrid, in my case the NVEnc automatically generated command line is the following

NVEnc --avhw -i -INPUT- --fps 25.000 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 1:1 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 27.00 --aq --aq-strength 1 --aq-temporal --gop-len 0 --ref 3 --nonrefp --weightp --bframes 3 --bref-mode each --mv-precision Q-pel --preset default --colorrange limited --colormatrix bt709 --vpp-resize auto --output-res 48x48 --vpp-gauss disabled --vpp-pmd apply_count=2,strength=100,threshold=100 --cuda-schedule sync --keyfile GENERATED_KEY_FILE --psnr --ssim --output OUTPUTFILE

7) Open a video to encode

8) In my case the NVEnc automatically generated command line changed the fps from 25.000 to 23.976

NVEnc --avhw -i -INPUT- --fps 23.976 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 1:1 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 27.00 --aq --aq-strength 1 --aq-temporal --gop-len 0 --ref 3 --nonrefp --weightp --bframes 3 --bref-mode each --mv-precision Q-pel --preset default --colorrange limited --colormatrix bt709 --vpp-resize auto --output-res 1920x1080 --vpp-gauss disabled --vpp-pmd apply_count=2,strength=100,threshold=100 --cuda-schedule sync --keyfile GENERATED_KEY_FILE --psnr --ssim --output "E:\VideoTest\DPIR\Test3\VideoTest_5m_new.265"

9) Uncheck the box "NVEnc->Hardware->Only use encoder"

10) Go in the "Filtering" and eventually enable the "Vapoursynth" support.

11) Check the box "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Tweak"

12) Go back to the "NVEnc" tab, in my case the NVEnc automatically generated command line changed the fps from 23.976 to 19.181

NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 19.181 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 1:1 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 27.00 --aq --aq-strength 1 --aq-temporal --gop-len 0 --ref 3 --nonrefp --weightp --bframes 3 --bref-mode each --mv-precision Q-pel --preset default --colorrange limited --colormatrix bt470bg --cuda-schedule sync --keyfile GENERATED_KEY_FILE --psnr --ssim --output "E:\VideoTest\DPIR\Test3\VideoTest_5m_new.265"

It seems that enabling "Vapoursynth" when it was previously disabled, trigger a "wrong" fps calculation.
  Please check...

Thanks,
Dan
Yes, for some reason Hybrid seems to think the source is soft telecined.
-> I'll look into it in a few hours. It would help, if you could share a small sample which allows reproducing the issue.

Cu Selur
I attached the requested video sample
Thanks, I can reproduce the issue.
(funny thing, is that if you set Support from 'Vapoursynth' to 'No XSynth' and back, the frame rate is correct again.)
-> looking into it. (doh, the 'source used forcefilm' variable was wrongly initalized as 'true' instead of 'false' -> fixing)
Send you a link to a dev version which should fix the issue.

Cu Selur
The problem has been fixed.

Thanks,
Dan