This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod
Hi, I encounter an unexplained crash

-What Hybrid version did you use?(Windows/Mac/Linux 32/64bit + versions number)
Installed Hybrid 2023.03.17.1 via Chocolatey on Win 10

-What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say?
Error message "Subtitle filtering wasn't properly done! Current sub title belongs to F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png not to F:\hybrid_test\croquants.png Please report to the author."
Then "2023-06-03@15_47_39_6010_02_video finished after 00:00:00.766 with exitCode -1 Crashed with exit status 0"

-What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem)
Base -> Check Image Sequence
Base -> Open File ->
    1st frame -> F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png
    Single Image -> checked
    Frame Count -> 6050
    Accept
Base -> Output File -> F:/hybrid_test/croquants_new.mp4
Base -> Tabs -> Subtitle -> checked
Subtitle -> Import -> Subtitle Import -> Load external subtitle -> F:\hybrid_test\hector.ass  (aegisub with effect like scroll up)
Subtitle -> Import -> Embed subtitle in frame -> checked
Subtitle -> Subtitle Queue -> add current subtitle stream
what is shown in the Subtitle Queue:
F:\hybrid_test\hector.ass:*,*:true:*,*:UTF-8:*,*::*,*:false:*,*:F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png:*,*:false:*,*::*,*::*,*:false:*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*:false:*,*:auto:*,*:1
Filtering -> Vapoursynth -> Misc -> Script -> Prefer VsFilterMod
Base -> Add to queue and start queue
If I don't check Prefer VsFilterMod , I have the "Subtitle filtering wasn't properly done!" message but the video is generated without the scrolling effects of my Aegisub v4.00+
If I check Prefer VsFilterMod, I have the same message but the job crashes. In the debug file I see the message x264 output: y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'

Attached a zip with the debug file and the other files to reproduce the case.

Thank you for your help

edit: does the slash backslash difference in the error message is the cause of the pb? is it normal that the subtitle queue refer to my still image?
Ah, I never have tried to embed subtitles to a source created through an ImageSequence.
Will look into it in ~1hr and report back.

Cu Selur
Quote:Error message "Subtitle filtering wasn't properly done! Current sub title belongs to F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png not to F:\hybrid_test\croquants.png Please report to the author."
That was my fault, should have ignored the slash vs backslash difference.

Quote: y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
That happens due to a bug in VSFilterMod, when RGB24 is used it crashes. Sad
(-> filed a bug report)

I'll fix the first and write a workaround for VSFilterMod not working with RGB24.

Cu Selur
Send you a link (will be up ~24hrs) via pm to a dev version which includes the fix and the workaround.

Cu Selur
Thank you for your quick response, the dev version works well. (VSFilterMod produce a result different from the aegisub preview but it's another story...)
If you stumble over a Vapoursynth subtitle filter that performs more like aegisub, I'll be happy to add support for it.

Cu Selur
Send you a new link to a dev version which comes with a new VSFilterMod.dll which supports RGB24 again. (One of the authors linked to a new build in the issue tracked I linked before.)

Cu Selur