This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

AAC7.1 to EAC3 or DTS 7.1
I have a video file (MKV) where the audio is encoded in AAC 7.1. My output device does not support multichannel 7.1. I have tried to convert to either EAC3 or DTS (both supported), however the output has been changed from 7.1 to 5.1. Is there anyway t0 achieve 7.1 output?
No, since there is no free eac3 7.1 or dts-hd encoder afaik.
What does your device support?
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
Ah thanks, that explains it!

The soundbar supports Dolby Digital, Digital Plus and TrueHD, and DTS and DTS-HD. If I play file through Kodi on my Windows PC all is good as that will convert to 8 channel PCM (I think - it says mulitchannel PCM and it sounds like it), however playing directly from the TV media player will not decode the AAC, hence I was hoping to convert.

Always go round it using Popcorn on 5.1 AAC tracks and converted just to Dolby Digital, but that crashes when trying to deal with a 7.1 source. Can obviously convert to a 5.1 track instead, but don't like to be beaten! Wink
Seems like your only option would be to convert your audio to PCM then.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
Thanks, I will just let Kodi do all the work Smile