This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

FFmpegSource2 !
@ selur and the likes,

I have an very "simple" question..

First, you know i favor FFmpegSource2 over Lwlibavsource for filter preview in thet past, because it gave me quicker results..

Now, i have noticed an very and disturbing twist using FFmpegSource2 !!

Is it possible alternate preview / source settings in vapoursynth tab, can affect final result of output file  Huh ???

I mean, when i use certain settings for KNLmeans (vapoursynth), and play the results in mpc, i see many frame stutter!!  
Especialy when the camera is moving sideway's onscreen !!

So, i have tested my theory, and choose Lwlibavsource again before adding the job.. And that seemed to fixed it !??  
Realy?

Or, i can stick to FFmpegSource2, but then i have to change one particular setting in knlmeans, → "Distance=x" (wich is very taxing on gpu btw) !!

Cheers,
TD
Both FFmpegSource2 and LWLibAVSource should be frame accurate, but both have issues with some sources.
(Also LWLibAVSource does support using hardware decoding depending on the source and setting in Hybrid.)
=> yes, using different source filters can influence the output,... getting stuttering output/dropped frames is rather uncommon, but could happen depending on the source format.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
(01.08.2023, 17:27)Selur Wrote: Both FFmpegSource2 and LWLibAVSource should be frame accurate, but both have issues with some sources.
(Also LWLibAVSource does support using hardware decoding depending on the source and setting in Hybrid.)
=> yes, using different source filters can influence the output,... getting stuttering output/dropped frames is rather uncommon, but could happen depending on the source format.

Cu Selur

Thanks selur for the confirmation..

And indeed, i just did an test run using old settings (prior to filter preview issue !!), and no more stutter.. 

funny, how just 1 setting out of a thousand possible configs, can influence the results dramatically !!!

cheers,
TD
Quote:funny, how just 1 setting out of a thousand possible configs, can influence the results !!!
Every, setting can influence the result. Wink

Cu Selur
------
(01.08.2023, 17:31)Selur Wrote:
Quote:funny, how just 1 setting out of a thousand possible configs, can influence the results !!!
Every, setting can influence the result. Wink

Cu Selur

Agree, to some degree...  

However, not every change is noticeable with the naked eye  Dodgy !! 

TSmuxing comes to mind  Tongue .. i mean you can't preview these kind of results ...

cheers
Sadly, there is nothing I can do about these things especially when I can't reproduce them.

Cu Selur
------
(01.08.2023, 17:47)Selur Wrote: Sadly, there is nothing I can do about these things especially when I can't reproduce them.

Cu Selur

I read ya..

And that's another thing, all these issue's only happends with complete files, and not with short samples , Yet the sample are from the very same media file and seems to work just fine with wotever setting suddenly in hybrid  Huh Huh 

cheers,
td
You can also try whether remuxing the source to mkv before reencoding it helps.

Cu Selur
------
(01.08.2023, 18:02)Selur Wrote: You can also try whether remuxing the source to mkv before reencoding it helps.

Cu Selur

LoL selur, are you pulling my leg Tongue .. stop that , it's ticklish  Big Grin

I have shared that sollution in my other thread  Cool ↓
...And no real sollution actually, since i have to remux all the files into m2ts anyway ... Because of other content i have to add, content that i can't add through hybrid because of (issues / crashes !!) !!

(01.08.2023, 00:49)ToiletDuck Wrote: Update:
Somehow, hybrid did process and remuxed a complete media file (no sample) into m2ts using tsmuxer now..
But here's the catch, it only does that succesfully AFTER i have processed → remuxed that media via Toolnix !??
any clue why hybrid favors toolnix ?
Damn, tis as if hybrid is possessed ...  i don't need an programmer , i need an exorcist  Angel !!!
cheers,
TD
mkv is usually easier to open for filters like FFVideosource2 and LWLibAVSource.
So my suggestion for remuxing to mkv beforehand mainly aimed for the preview issues.

For muxing m2ts, Hybrid can either use tsMuxeR or ffmpeg, so you could also try whether it works better if you use ffmpeg as muxer.

Cu Selur

Ps.: m2ts is a mess (trying to calculate the overhead this container creates, before muxing, is just crazy) and in my opinion should never have been used for media files and only for streaming content,... Angel
------