This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

base "preview" is not considering experimental cut
Maybe this is correct (or is done to preventĀ  crashes or bugs) .. but there is no way to identify if the cut is 'enough'... can be nice if can be possible to see the "cutted" clip.. or maybe if this is not possible... just the firstĀ  frame of final output.

www.wcn.it/cut.mp4

in the video the preview is showing the same initial frame using 3 seconds cut or 13 seconds cut.
Yes, the preview (through mplayer) doesn't reflect the cutting properly and the other previews (Avisynth/Vapoursynth) do not have audio support.
Also, neither vsViewer, or avsViewer can handle audio playback. (patches are welcome)
In Avisynth, I might be able to add some waveform view, but I have no clue how accurately delays are handled there.
Vapoursynth does not have waveform preview of audio, also no clue how accurate a/v-delays are handled.

Haven't found a way to fix it, gave up on it, it's one of the reasons cut support is experimental.

=> Yes, I'm aware of this restriction of Hybrids cut support, but it will probably not change anytime soon.
You could, open the file in another tool, determine the frames you want to cut at, configure Hybrid to cut by frame (not timestamp) and try that.

Cu Selur
(09.08.2023, 05:41)Selu Wrote: You could, open the file in another tool, determine the frames you want to cut at, configure Hybrid to cut by frame (not timestamp) and try that.

yes Smile it was wath i was doing right now Smile

BTW i can say by sure that Hybrid can CUT correctly(for what i can see) headers "outside" keyframes on MKV files... for example this thing can't be done with "losslesscut".. that was the tool i used before discovering Hybrid Smile