This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Removing Duplicate Frames
I've got a screen captured movie file, which is variable 60fps, and I'm trying to get it back to its original 23.976 framerate.  I tried sRestore set to 23.976, but it is leaving duplicate frames. Is there a way to remove all duplicate frames?

Hybrid has no filter to remove duplicates without a specific frame rate in mind.
Hybrid if there's a pattern you could use SelectEvery or SelectRangeEvery.
Depending on the content, using TIVTC in mode 7 and specifying your target frame rate or adjusting the settings in TIVTC or sRestore might also help.
When using Vapoursynth you could use FillDrops (for single duplicates) or FillDuplicateFrames to replace the duplicates with interpolated frames.

Cu Selur
I need the file to play at 23.976 constant frame rate.

There are random duplicate frames throughout on scenes where there is little motion, so no fixed pattern. Is FillDrops only in Vapoursynth? Thanks, I will try it. Would changing the sensitivity settings of sRestore help also?

I used to be able to do it via FFmpeg, but the commands seem to have changed.
Yes, I only implement direct support for FillDrops in Vapoursynth. (But one could always add it through a custom section.)
Quote: Would changing the sensitivity settings of sRestore help also?
Adjusting the existing settings might help, assuming it can help. You will have to try.

Cu Selur