This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[Feature Request] Add support for BestSource
(22.10.2023, 10:07)Selur Wrote: Ps.: Yes, stuff like interlaced or mixed vfr content is simply 'evil' and in my mind a production mistake

I do agree with you, but unfortunately, it could happen the need to encode damaged videos or videos with audio sync problems once they are encoded, especially in the case Hybrid is used for Video Restoration of old movies. In this case I'm using Handbrake to produced a h264 CFR video with low compression and then I use Hybrid for Video Restoration.
btw. bestsource "is still in the extremely experimental phase"
see: https://github.com/vapoursynth/bestsource/issues/25

Cu Selur
It seems that the substitution of FFMS2 with BestSource is that the latter: it is at least correct unlike FFMS2
The good news it that: FFMS2 should improve the correct way soon.
For the moment I will continue to use as default source reader LSmashSource.