This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Extract..slow!
Send you a link to a new dev version for testing,..

Cu Selur
(01.11.2023, 23:04)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a new dev version for testing,..

Cu Selur

Thanks for the link selur.

Unfortunately the same crash in hybrid + tsmux..  

Interesting thing is, i managed to demux the THD track manually via tsmuxer github release.
No errors spotted.

Afterwards i have put that same tsmuxer.exe into hybrid/x64 folder and fired up hybrid.
Again, no succes !?!

So, tsmuxer stand alone= V , in hybrid+tsmux= X  Dodgy

So yeah, for some reason tsmuxer doesn't communicate well with hybrid Confused !!

Ofcourse the alternative is using ffmpeg, but extracting with ffmpeg takes an considerable longer time i have noticed and is way slower for some reason!

thanks for the effort anyway..

cheers
I need a new debug output, to see what happens.

Cu Selur
Had a quick look, my guess is, that it's an issue with 'Create sub-folder per job in temp path. *experimental*'.
Try whether it works if you disable that option before creating the jobs.
(Debug output is still needed)

Cu Selur
Also found out that depending on some meta data (I guess) the output extension for eac3 can be: .ec3,.ac3+ec3 or .ac3 (all use A_AC3 in the meta data)
created a dev version which takes this into account and send you a link.
If you have a file which also fails with that version: I need a debug output to see what happens.

Cu Selur
(02.11.2023, 09:09)Selur Wrote: Also found out that depending on some meta data (I guess) the output extension for eac3 can be: .ec3,.ac3+ec3 or .ac3 (all use A_AC3 in the meta data)
created a dev version which takes this into account and send you a link.
If you have a file which also fails with that version: I need a debug output to see what happens.

Cu Selur

selur, the issue is resolved with the latest dev kit you"ve sended me  Big Grin .

so just so you know.  I never have used the 'experimental (sub-folder per job) in hybrid in any case.

So, i've done/extracted the track with many different settings now just to be sure that these settings isn't causing it.

Settings such as, different paths, output container (ts, m2ts..), custom folder/filename generated .. In all instances the extraction wos succesfull now .

One thing though, is there a way to extract the x264 / video track with tsmuxer aswell instead of ffmpeg?

I ask because and again, ffmpeg is noticeable slower than tsmux !!

EDIT:  i have found the setting i needed to disable to have tsmux extract the whole shabam. → " Prefer ffmpeg for extraction from transport streams " .
I especially create an edit from that setting, just so you know if iam doing right by adjusting that in the long run .  So you know whats going on. 

But the main thing is, you've nailed it .. for now  Big Grin ! 
Btw, even though the issue is resolved, i've attached an debug of an good outcome for an change  Tongue

Much obliged , Sir Selur O^0 

EDIT: almost forgot, will you send me an dev release that supports the torch -addon with this latest fix included, or am i good with the release you've sended me back there ?
You've sended me the developers edition , i guess iam good.. but just to be sure, comfirmation please.

Cheers,
Quote:One thing though, is there a way to extract the x264 / video track with tsmuxer aswell instead of ffmpeg?
Hybrid does use tsMuxeR for extraction when 'Prefer ffmpeg for extraction from transport streams' is disabled and a .ts/.m2ts/.mts input is used.

The dev version should work fine with the addons.

Cu Selur
(02.11.2023, 10:37)Selur Wrote:
Quote:One thing though, is there a way to extract the x264 / video track with tsmuxer aswell instead of ffmpeg?
Hybrid does use tsMuxeR for extraction when 'Prefer ffmpeg for extraction from transport streams' is disabled and a .ts/.m2ts/.mts input is used.

The dev version should work fine with the addons.

Cu Selur

Yep, found out myself.  Hence the edit previous post.

Thanks,
TD
Make sure to test different m2ts&co files to see if they all work with tsMuxeR&Hybrid.

Cu Selur
(02.11.2023, 10:44)Selur Wrote: Make sure to test different m2ts&co files to see if they all work with tsMuxeR&Hybrid.
Cu Selur

That goes without saying.

That's why I deliberately mention that the problem continues to occur with → another file with yet another atmos track ← !

cheers,
td