This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1
Okay, then create two debug outputs (with the same source).
One while using ffmpeg for extraction and one when using tsMuxeR.
If the meta file in the tsMuxeR call differs (aside from the file paths&co) it could be an issue with the muxing call.
If the meta file does not differ, it's an extraction issue. Smile

Cu Selur
(13.11.2023, 19:40)Selur Wrote: Okay, then create two debug outputs (with the same source).
One while using ffmpeg for extraction and one when using tsMuxeR.
If the meta file in the tsMuxeR call differs (aside from the file paths&co) it could be an issue with the muxing call.
If the meta file does not differ, it's an extraction issue. Smile

Cu Selur

Ah.. i should have known  Dodgy

Only i don't know what you mean, 1 debug using ffmpeg and one using Tsmux ?

So, back there FFmpeg is used for Extraction and TSmux has been used for Muxing , resulting in succesfull mux.

so by asking me one debug using ffmpeg..  Are you asking me to Extract AND MUX using Ffmpeg ONLY ?
That means i have to enable and tick the box → "use ffmpeg" under Config→ Containers → Others .. right?

Just to be sure, we are on the same page.

cheers,
No,..
1st ffmpeg for extraction, tsMuxeR for multiplexing.
2nd tsMuxeR for extraction, tsMuxeR for multiplexing.
(13.11.2023, 19:57)Selur Wrote: No,..
1st ffmpeg for extraction, tsMuxeR for multiplexing.
2nd tsMuxeR for extraction, tsMuxeR for multiplexing.

Yep, thought as much... 

About tsmux 2 tsmux.. If my memory serves me right , i have posted the debug+meta before in this thread .. 

Anyway, just to endulge you.. i have yet again created and posted the Debug + meta data from both jobs 1. ffmpeg+tsmux & 2. Tsmux+tsmux (extract-mux).

Now, when choosing tsmux for extraction / muxing..
I have noticed that tsmux is ONLY used to extract the audio portion, afterwards Ffmpeg takes over to extract the Video track, followed up by TSmux again for the complete remux creation.

I thought you could read ↑ that ↑ from debug Selur? 

However, i can use TSmux ONLY to extract and remux all tracks if i UNChECK → "Prefer Ffmpeg for extraction from transport streams" .. 
But i have done that in the past to work arround this issue before , with as result.. ding ding ding → crash  Big Grin ... !

cheers,

...And another debug from an passthrough try with TSMUXER ONLY for the extraction AND muxing of ALL tracks = NO FFmpeg involved ..

cheers,
Quote:About tsmux 2 tsmux.. If my memory serves me right , i have posted the debug+meta before in this thread ..
But since it's unclear whether you used the same source there,...

So looking at the debug outputs
for tsMuxeR->tsMuxeR, Hyrid uses:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --vbr --vbv-len=500

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "F:\Temp-\test_1_2023-11-13@19_18_52_1610_05.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=1:1 (Square)

A_MLP, "F:\Temp-\iId_2_lang_en_aid_4352._2023-11-13@19_18_52_1610_04.thd"
for the muxing.
(created F:\Temp-\00246.track_4352.ac3+thd (3680.2 MB))

for ffmpeg->tsMuxeR, Hybrid uses:

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "F:\Temp-\test_1_2023-11-13@19_01_16_3010_02.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=1:1 (Square)

A_MLP, "F:\Temp-\iId_2_aid_4352_lang_en_2023-11-13@19_01_16_3010_01.thd", lang=eng
(created F:\Temp-\iId_2_aid_4352_lang_en_2023-11-13@19_01_16_3010_01.thd (3228.9 MB))
=> the muxing calls are 'identical', so it's an issue with the extraction.

Seems like ffmpeg only extract the raw trueHD-stream while tsMuxeR extracted the combi ac3+thd-stream.

I suspect, that the muxing call for the first should use A_AC3 and not A_MLP.

Since I can't reproduce this here.
Try the following:
a. set video to ignore, audio to passthrough, use tsMuxeR as extractor and set output container to raw. So only the extraction of the audio will be done.
b. set video to ignore, audio to passthrough, use ffmpeg as extractor and set output container to raw. So only the extraction of the audio will be done.
Then load the first file in tsMuxeR GUI and look at the meta data.
Then load the second file in tsMuxeR GUI and look at the meta data.
What A_... do they use, if they differ, the issue might be with the muxing call Hybrid uses with tsMuxeR. Smile
(I'm afk tomorrow, but if this is the case I might be able to come up with something the day after tomorrow.)

Cu Selur
(13.11.2023, 20:54)Selur Wrote:
Quote:About tsmux 2 tsmux.. If my memory serves me right , i have posted the debug+meta before in this thread ..
But since it's unclear whether you used the same source there,...

Always have used the same source..  A matter of fact, i especialy kept this specific media file on my storage device atm.. for troubleshooting  Wink

I'll keep you posted with the results from that "small" to-do → bucket list i have earned  Dodgy

cheers,

EDIT: have you looked at the 3rd debug i have posted ↓
TSmux2Tsmux= NO FFMPEG

Because hybrid default settings uses BOTH ffmpeg for extraction and lastly Tsmux for creation! And, you have to change / uncheck a few settings to get only TSmux to work through the process from A to Z you know..
Quote:have you looked at the 3rd debug i have posted
no, since it wasn't there when I looked at the post.
it uses:

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "F:\Temp-\00246.track_4113_2023-11-13@19_29_44_4210_06.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=1:1 (Square)

A_MLP, "F:\Temp-\iId_2_lang_en_aid_4352._2023-11-13@19_29_44_4210_04.thd", lang=eng
for the muxing, so the same as the tsMuxeR->tsMuxeR call from before.

We will see, if the meta data tsMuxeR GUI uses differs from what Hybrid uses for the files, I might be able to adjust Hybrid to it.

Quote:And, you have to change / uncheck a few settings to get only TSmux to work through the process from A to Z you know..
yes, if you don't like the defaults adjust them,...

Cu Selur
(13.11.2023, 21:48)Selur Wrote:
Quote:have you looked at the 3rd debug i have posted
no, since it wasn't there when I looked at the post.
it uses:

At the time of me adding the 3rd debug soon after, the DL counter wos still at 0  Big Grin
So, this ducks logic dictates, 0 DL Equals= 0 Post read throughs ..  Cool

Hence, my question..

(13.11.2023, 21:48)Selur Wrote:
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "F:\Temp-\00246.track_4113_2023-11-13@19_29_44_4210_06.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=1:1 (Square)
A_MLP, "F:\Temp-\iId_2_lang_en_aid_4352._2023-11-13@19_29_44_4210_04.thd", lang=eng
for the muxing, so the same as the tsMuxeR->tsMuxeR call from before.
We will see, if the meta data tsMuxeR GUI uses differs from what Hybrid uses for the files, I might be able to adjust Hybrid to it.
Quote:And, you have to change / uncheck a few settings to get only TSmux to work through the process from A to Z you know..
yes, if you don't like the defaults adjust them,...
Cu Selur

You don't say .. 0^0 

Anyway, are you ready for this Sir.Selur.?  Becaue this might confuse you!  
but at the same time not.. and i guess your suspicions are correct.  i.e: → The wrong Calls ! 

So i did created the raw files as suggested and compared the meta files creatted through hybrid, and afterwards the meta info created by tsmux gui..

And here's the confusing part..

the ffmpeg process through hybrid uses : A_MLP ...  but get this... when i load the raw track in Tsmuxgui:  it reports as A_AC 3 !!

Now as for tsmuxer ..  the meta file created through hybrid reports A_AC3 and in Tsmuxgui A_AC3  aswell .. BUTTT....

Creating the Raw files using tsmux in hybrid resulted in CRASH !..  

So yes, to me this looks more like an extraction issue than anything else !
And most important .. A_MLP seems to be the way .. ^_^ After all MLP is what media info reads from the source aswell in the first place selur..

cheers,
Argh, this is the other way around. :/
ffmpeg->tsMuxeR did work, but uses a different A_CODEC-tag. :/

Quote:Creating the Raw files using tsmux in hybrid resulted in CRASH !..
but it worked in your debug output

=> confused

I give up, without a source to reproduce this, this takes way too long.
Seems like the best way to handle this is to drop transport stream output in the future until I can reproduce and debug this problem.

Cu Selu
I have already written about this

just use another video/audio codec and container

example: Nvidia 264 CQP and AAC and .mp4

(08.11.2023, 10:32)humanoid86 Wrote: Huh mb... the problem is in the container, during processing the container broke. or choose another codec/encoder  Huh