This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

M2TS to any other container ...
well.. it seems to be an Never Ending Story  Dodgy

In a nutshell..

MKV to TS (containing EAC3 track) = V
Vice Versa TS to TS , MKv or whatever (containing again EAC3 track) = X_X no show !

Interesting that hybrid doesn't protest to keep eac3 track in ts container, when converting from MKV to TS.
But vice versa, it does complain !

Pretty much the same issue way back.  Back then i couldn't create ts file using EAC3 audio, exact same warning popped up in hybrid!

Have created an thread as you might have noticed about eac3 Sound playback problems after muxing an media file to TS container using muxer.
So, it's "solved"/ worked arround by going back to the official tsmuxer release (2.16.x)..

But that brings me back to where we started off!
Demux/extracting isn't possible anymore using tsmuxer through hybrid.

Crashes are imminent again , because of the Atmos tracks (and not eac3 this time )  Sad

Seems , ill have to manually help an hand in this in the future untill this ↑ gets adressed permanently

EDIT ; just posted the issue's related to tsmuxer mainly at github.  Hope for the best , prepare for the worst ..  Dodgy

By the by... where you @t Sir Selur  Cool ? 
Cheers,
Quote:But vice versa, it does complain !
it warns that if the input contains a eac3 stream an ac3 core the core will be removed since mkvtoolnix will automatically remove it.

Regarding the crashes: Using ffmpeg also is an option. Smile
You could try to: extract with tsMuxeR and multiplex with ffmpeg if muxing is the issue.

Cu Selur
Do you have a sample for a file where remuxing fails with the last dev?
I just tried remuxing files with atmos/thd and ea3 stream between m2ts&mkv and had no problems.

Ahh,.. okay it's 'just' about PDVD and device compatibility, not about some crash or a broken stream.

Cu Selur
(08.11.2023, 17:16)Selur Wrote:
Quote:But vice versa, it does complain !
it warns that if the input contains a eac3 stream an ac3 core the core will be removed since mkvtoolnix will automatically remove it.

Regarding the crashes: Using ffmpeg also is an option. Smile
You could try to: extract with tsMuxeR and multiplex with ffmpeg if muxing is the issue.

Cu Selur

I would love to do so, but beside the slow performance i don't have an problem with, FFmpeg for some reason has an huge flaw too regarding pGS subs !!
I have mentioned that already, when using ffmpeg, for some dumbfound reason the subs are playing OUT of sync !!

(08.11.2023, 20:07)Selur Wrote: Do you have a sample for a file where remuxing fails with the last dev?
I just tried remuxing files with atmos/thd and ea3 stream between m2ts&mkv and had no problems.

Cu Selur

Yes, first thing i did is reproducing the issue whit debug enabled and uploaded the package (debug+test.m2ts sample) in the other thread selur..
Afterwards i've installed former hybrid release, just to find out that the audio issue could be resolved by rolling back TSmuxer to an older release  Dodgy

But by doing that i will be unable to let hybrid process media files with Atmos tracks = Crashes !!
So, rolling back to other ts mux release is the lesser of the 2 evils you know.  Cause, don't have much atmos projects anyway..

But i do have lots of episodes containing AC3 / DTS tracks..  Big Grin

cheers,
TD