This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Audio Format NOT supported !
Never tried to multiplex srt into .m2ts with ffmpeg.
You probably would have to convert them too.

Cu Selur
(20.11.2023, 18:37)Selur Wrote: Never tried to multiplex srt into .m2ts with ffmpeg.
You probably would have to convert them too.

Cu Selur

Well again .. N-O .. NO 
I hardly almost never keep m2ts media files with text based subtitles on board.. NEVER..

For one , Text based subs is not standard Bluray compliant.  
You see, i create custom Title menus for my backups of Movies/TV-Episode in AE Adobe.  

That i need to create BD structured (bdmv/certificate) discs.  

Therefor → srt or any other text based subs wouldn't be compatible or play  in every hwplayer if it would play at all! 
And i keep the original vobsub/pgs subtitles from original source as backup.. To work with if needed..

Cheers,
Okay, then I don't get where the problem with: "just found out that the developer of FFmpeg excluded the use of Subrip subtitles from the mux process" is if you don't use .srt files,...

Cu Selur
(20.11.2023, 18:59)Selur Wrote: Okay, then I don't get where the problem with: "just found out that the developer of FFmpeg excluded the use of Subrip subtitles from the mux process" is if you don't use .srt files,...

Cu Selur

Not an problem, jus an reminder / warning ... fyi.. for others perhaps..
TONS of tools utils to convert subs these days...

Only a few tools to create m2ts files → keeping everything intact ← though !

Cheers,