This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] colourspace
Quote:How do I send debug file
I can only find log files
read the sticky on how to create debut outputs and what info I usually need to reproduce problems.

Like I wrote before, I would need a small sample to really know what happens and suggest some working solution. ( if possible)

Cu Selur
What I've done now is when exporting from moviestudio I turned on reduce interlaced flicker I'm encoding file in hybrid now.
Is this a good option to use?
I'm sure the error is from my end not hybrid
Thanks for what you do
Can't really say what moviestudio does and what settings are good in it (never used it).
So fingers crossed that it works better now.
(18.11.2023, 03:03)Selur Wrote: Can't really say what moviestudio does and what settings are good in it (never used it).
So fingers crossed that it works better now.
This is what I've done for now.
Project properties
 Upper field first
Content properties
 Upper field first
Reduce interlace flicker
Render properties upper field first
Moviestudio is showing i  interlaced on the screen preview.

I've done more research some people are saying this option should not be used others are saying it can be used on interlaced video but my video is false flag progressive I have set it to upper field which shows it as interlaced.
Will moviestudio no automatically de-interlace such footage? Please find out for me I'm trying by best, thanks for all your help.
You might also want to try whether it helps to use Huffyuv (or lossless H.264, H.265 or AV-1) instead of lagarith.
selur Wrote:You might also want to try whether it helps to use Huffyuv (or lossless H.264, H.265 or AV-1) instead of lagarith.

I did that too but it was showing bottom field first when VHS is mostly topfield first and it was making hybird assume the wrong colourspace - if I import a Huffyuv into hybird from moviestudio it gives me BGR0 which is RGB colourspace but for VHS YUY YUY2 is always recommended, when importing from Lagrith hybird correctly identified colourspace as YUY2 that's why I used Lagrith codec.

I captured both files in virtualdub the same using the same exact same settings for both.
Frame Size 720x576 @25FPS
Colourspace YUY2
Chroma sub-sampling 4:2:2
Compression lossless lagrith and Huffyuv
But when importing Huffyuv codec I got BGR0
Bottom field first

when I imported a lagrith file it predicted the correct colourspace
But the lagrith file always shows progressive because of a flagging issue
Both files went from a clean up in moviestudio exported lossless using Moviestudios YUV template with both lossless codecs Huffyuv and lagrith.
It can't be moviestudio messing up the colour space because it would mess up the colourspace for both files why only one of them?

Thanks for the help
Thanks for the great software ignore or the negative comments about hybrid its good
Quote: It can't be moviestudio messing up the colour space because it would mess up the colourspace for both files why only one of them?
a. Could simply be that moviestudio outputs RGB when using Lagarith and the detected color space is correct.
b. There is a problem with the detection, but to look at that I would need a sample to look at it.
c. There is a bug in moviestudio.

Cu Selur