This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Denoise Filter (Vapoursynth)
HOwdy,

I have a FAQ about the denoise filter → DepirDenois(mlrt) ..
That filter seems only to work with FHD material and not SD content (ie: 720x... ) 
I don't see any noticeable changes in the preview window.

Must say quite impresive noise cleaner on fhd material though, i might add.

Is that filter created only for the purpose of HD material ? 

Cheers,
TD
I mainly use it on SD content without any problems.
No clue what you are doing.
In case you share proper details, i will look at it after the holidays.
(23.12.2023, 22:03)Selur Wrote: I mainly use it on SD content without any problems.
No clue what you are doing.
In case you share proper details, i will look at it after the holidays.

What am i doing !?

Simply enable the filter for instance  Dodgy .. 
And try to use it at → default ← settings.. thats it Huh  !?
Like with every issue, you can asume i alway's have used defaults, if not i mentioned the specifics.

so again, i get no visuall change in the picture nor error messages to see...

cheers,
No visual changes could simply mean that the filter effect is too subtile for you to spot.
(24.12.2023, 15:03)Selur Wrote: No visual changes could simply mean that the filter effect is too subtile for you to spot.

I just found out other sharpening filters nullifies the cleanup strength of DPIRDenoise filter like almost completely  Huh

Even at a strenght of 1000 (one thousand) DPIRDenoise isn't noticeable anymore !??  Default is 5, and very strong on even HD material while sharpening is enabled..

See, sharpening + denoise on hd do work very well.. But not on SD content, not in this case ....

cheers,
td
Yes, naturally filters can begave different in different content.
If you read the paper about DPIR you might understand what the values do.

Cu Selur
(24.12.2023, 15:58)Selur Wrote: Yes, naturally filters can begave different in different content.
If you read the paper about DPIR you might understand what the values do.

Cu Selur

It pretty much looks alike, SD or HD content.. When using dpir at even default setting.. = Very nice results..
But as soon iam starting to use Detail sharpener on SD content only, it almost completely nulifies the Dpir filter when used in combo !?  I don't have that using KLNmeans filter !?!

HD however, doesn't seems to be affected using that ↑ combo.

cheers,
TD

... update.

Since that filter is mainly GPU related.. could a certain nvidia driver be the cause of that ↑ ?
Yesterday, i rolled back nvidia drivers recommended by nvidia support regarding an monitor backlight bleed problem caused by the driver..

And since i have reinstalled other drivers the filter + sharpener seems to work fine now on both content sd & hd today...   Rolleyes

cheers,
TD
I think i might go for upscaling (ESRGAN).

OMG, ESRgan result look as if i have remastered my dvd collection , I KID YOU NOT..
Results from this particular dvd source blown away..  strange enough, i don't have so much succes with all of my dvd collection using ESRGAN.

But in this case iam getting satisfying results.
Though, taking performance hit using esrgan.. But it's def worth it Big Grin .

Snapshot before (original DVD/SD) ↓  Confused

[Image: SD-BEFORE.png]

Snapshot After (ESRgan + sharpening)  ↓ Big Grin

[Image: SD-AFTER.png]
Update...

About the DPIR filter... 

It happend again... for some reason, the filter totaly doesn't work anymore when i play with it in conjunction with other filters (ESRgan, Sharpening..) .
By disable all filters and just use DPIR , doesn't help either anymore..

i have to restart hybrid again in order to get the filter to work again !!

cheers,
td
Try closing the preview from time to time, especially if 'auto refresh' is enabled it can cause GPU filters to get stuck.
Cu Selur