This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Running times !
(25.12.2023, 20:28)Selur Wrote:
Quote:You lost me there !? 
When you talk about playback speed i think about playback → Speed Rate (1x, 2x...) , and to me thats not the same as duration/play length wich is defined by the framerate in this case 

Right Huh !? 

I asumed as much.. playback "Speed Rate" wouldn't make much sense, unless you like to hear a mini / mickey mouse voice  Big Grin

Quote:That's just it !?  both DVD & bd release are normal editions.. Nothing special.. i.e: DC, Uncut.. E.E etc.. etc.. 
Normal DVD editions and normal blu-ray editions still can differ a lot, especially if they are created in different points in time.
They could be created from different masters to work with.
Nowadays if you create a DVD and Blu-ray version you often have the same high quality master, but this was not always the case.

So DVD editions can still differ from BD releases for → episoded discs  Huh .  I mean, apart from Cutted/edited editions ???
Wow.. that's news to me.. and i've been arround for quite some time, (VHS / Beta Max Big Grin )

And indeed regarding quality DVD / BD releases in the early day's ..  

Back in the day, you had DVD releases that looked visually JUST AS GOOD as BD ..  Ofcourse, depends on what Tele you watched it too  Big Grin 

Quote:Also, when you change playlength of video wich is often the result of the framerate change, audio and all other tracks need to follow to match same duration , isnt it?
Yes, audio will need to be changed if you change the playback speed.
But that is another thing. First, you need to know how the video content differs.
Just comparing subtitles does or audio streams not say much.
Cu Selur

Ofcourse.. the video track is one, iff not the most important reference point.. in conversions..

cheers,
TD
Quote:So DVD editions can still differ from BD releases for → episoded discs Huh . I mean, apart from Cutted/edited editions ???
Definitely.
Quote:Wow.. that's news to me.. and i've been arround for quite some time, (VHS / Beta Max Big Grin )
But you probably didn't work in the business of media creation/encoding/authoring, especially internationally. Big Grin
Read http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndfhri61f5...ish%29.pdf to see just some of the stuff of what can happen during norm conversion.
You seem to assume all norm conversions are done through simple speed ups,... Tongue *gig*
Luckily nowadays speed ups are more frequent, but for online distributed content I also have seen a few rare cases where frame interpolation was used,..
(Especially for older cartoon and anime stuff, speed changes were really rare and you usually had to deal with tons of different stuff.)

Cu Selur
(25.12.2023, 20:52)Selur Wrote:
Quote:So DVD editions can still differ from BD releases for → episoded discs  Huh .  I mean, apart from Cutted/edited editions ???
Definitely.

Well HOT kaka DIGGITY  Big Grin

(25.12.2023, 20:52)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Wow.. that's news to me.. and i've been arround for quite some time, (VHS / Beta Max Big Grin )
But you probably didn't work in the business of media creation/encoding/authoring, especially internationally.  Big Grin
Read http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndfhri61f5...ish%29.pdf to see just some of the stuff of what can happen during norm conversion.

Ofcourse i did, i have tutored Steven spielberg in his younger days  Tongue

(25.12.2023, 20:52)Selur Wrote: You seem to assume all norm conversions are done through simple speed ups,... Tongue *gig*

The more I think about it, the more I've abandoned those assumptions Sleepy .

(25.12.2023, 20:52)Selur Wrote: Luckily nowadays speed ups are more frequent, but for online distributed content I also have seen a few rare cases where frame interpolation was used,..
(Especially for older cartoon and anime stuff, speed changes were really rare and you usually had to deal with tons of different stuff.)

Cu Selur

About that ↑ .. We / I (duck) need an fix/sollution for that....  Rolleyes  TBA → next hybrid releas mayhap  Big Grin