This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Chapter Selection → DVD
(19.01.2024, 20:49)Selur Wrote:
Quote:DVD decrypter
Often created non-DVD compliant output for me which can cause issues, so I would not recommend it.

Ehhh (°^°) ?  

So far, so good... never have had problems using dvd decrypter in the past or the present though ... 
Even the A/V of small cuts do play nice in SYNC  Big Grin  .. 

(19.01.2024, 20:49)Selur Wrote:
Quote:"loaded profile" (AGAIN!) prior to selecting chapters
No clue, but according to the debug output:
For the Vapoursynth creation Hybrid assumed:

I have a clue → Profiles ← !?

Just did an rerun after reseting hybrid creating profile from scratch...  Ofcourse, hybrid encodes just the selected chapter this time just fine and dandy Dodgy ..
Iam telling you, something odd going on using global profiles in hybrid .. 

(19.01.2024, 20:49)Selur Wrote: (Output should have contained 11297*2 frames; *2 due to QTGMC-Bob)
=> can't see the problem in the debug output you provided.
Cu Selur

N-O-P-E ↑ .. i know for a certainty that "Bob" wasn't checked in QTGMC (Vapour)  , the output frame count matched the source frame count precisely ...
I won't make that mistake again..  to use sRestore afterwards and rectify that ↑  Dodgy

Cheers,
TD
Quote:N-O-P-E
You are right, I overlooked:
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0) # progressive
clip = clip[::2] # selecting previously even frames

Quote:Iam telling you, something odd going on using global profiles in hybrid ..
Attach the profile you use.

Cu Selur
(19.01.2024, 21:12)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Iam telling you, something odd going on using global profiles in hybrid ..
Attach the profile you use.

Cu Selur

You Absolutely - Positively SURE about that  Tongue ?

Just kidding ... Check below ↓ why Big Grin 

Have fun...
Suspecting that there was some value in the model that contained source specific data I looked through profile, but couldn't see anything.

A few side notes:
1. update to latest version
2. Before using that profile in a new Hybrid version, you should load the model, check the settings and resave it.

Cu Selur
(19.01.2024, 21:38)Selur Wrote: Suspecting that there was some value in the model that contained source specific data I looked through profile, but couldn't see anything.

A few side notes:
1. update to latest version
2. Before using that profile in a new Hybrid version, you should load the model, check the settings and resave it.

Cu Selur

You have sugested that before in the past, and i did exactly that ↑.  But all settings looked the same  Huh ..
So again, i have re-saved that profile i shared with you using the current hybrid release.. To load and use the new saved profile afterwards .

Also, thanks for suggesting MakeMKV.. 
But erm.. i did read and i have noticed by the speeds at wich it processes the titles from the dvd ..  

That MakeMKV does "transcode" the content during the process.. 
Now transcode is essentialy encoding content to a different format but at a faster pace , right?  

So; MakeMKV doesn't exactly copy/passthrough all tracks to an mkv container .. is it now  Confused ?   
Therefor, there must be some video quality loss i asume.. how lil that may be.. 

I mention this because i like to work from an untouched source (A/V quality) you see..  

cheers,
TD
Quote:You have sugested that before in the past, and i did exactly that ↑. But all settings looked the same
No, you are using '2023.12.22.1', latest release is '2024.01.12.1'.

Quote:That MakeMKV does "transcode" the content during the process..
Now transcode is essentialy encoding content to a different format but at a faster pace , right?
No, MakeMKV should do no reencoding, just repackaging.

Tried to reproduce the problem with your profile:
  • copied your profile to my profiles\global folder
  • Started Hybrid
  • Loaded the profile
  • Enabled Base->DVD-Input and loaded a DVD
  • set "Base->Stream Selection->Chapter" to "1-2" so first and second chapter. (length: 00:07:50.840)
  • Checked the Vapoursynth script and it included:
    # cutting from frame 0 to 11770  - WARNING: This might cause synch issues
    clip = core.std.Trim(clip=clip, first=0, last=11770)
  • Enabled "Config->Internals->Create debut file".
  • Pressed 'Add to queue'
Then I looked at the debug output and the Vapoursynth script also included:
# cutting from frame 0 to 11770  - WARNING: This might cause synch issues

=> no clue, what you are doing and judging by the provided debug output so far, you can't reproduce the problem.

Cu Selur
(19.01.2024, 21:53)Selur Wrote:
Quote:You have sugested that before in the past, and i did exactly that ↑.  But all settings looked the same 
No, you are using '2023.12.22.1', latest release is '2024.01.12.1'.

What i meant by that is..  

If i follow your premises, i have to re-save an old profile in the latest installed hybrid release BEFORE using it .. right?

Wel, i have done exactly that ↑ ..  Yet, there are always new issue's resurfing after loading the new saved profile .. 
Untill i reset all settings in hybrid and start all over again, only then everything seems working just fine..

(19.01.2024, 21:53)Selur Wrote:
Quote:That MakeMKV does "transcode" the content during the process..
Now transcode is essentialy encoding content to a different format but at a faster pace , right? 
No, MakeMKV should do no reencoding, just repackaging.
Tried to reproduce the problem with your profile:
  • copied your profile to my profiles\global folder
  • Started Hybrid
  • Loaded the profile
  • Enabled Base->DVD-Input and loaded a DVD
  • set "Base->Stream Selection->Chapter" to "1-2" so first and second chapter. (length: 00:07:50.840)
  • Checked the Vapoursynth script and it included:
    # cutting from frame 0 to 11770  - WARNING: This might cause synch issues
  • Enabled "Config->Internals->Create debut file".
  • Pressed 'Add to queue'
Then I looked at the debug output and the Vapoursynth script also included:
# cutting from frame 0 to 11770  - WARNING: This might cause synch issues

=> no clue, what you are doing and judging by the provided debug output so far, you can't reproduce the problem.
Cu Selur

Regarding MakeMKV, why do they even mention "Transcoder / format convertor " ???  That doesn't make sense?  Transcoding is infact encoding, is it not ?

I do think MakeMKV transcodes → encodes the video during the process Selur !

Because and i have checked it.. The average bitrate of the MKV file is a tiny bit lower than the bitrate from the dvdsource Selur -_- !
And if Makemkv infact puts it only into a new coat, and nothing more.. The bitrate SHOULD BE EXACTLY the SAME , is it not ?

Alright, First i will update hybrid to latest official.  

Load model / profile in there , S-A-V-E it , ONLY from then on i will reload it to make good use of it  Big Grin ..  And see, if the issue is persisting.

Ill keep you posted..

Ta ta..
TD
Quote: Regarding MakeMKV, why do they even mention "Transcode" ??? That doesn't make sense? Transcoding is infact encoding, is it not ?
Normally, transcoding is: converting one format to another without decoding the format, but going directly from one format to another.
Encoding is: converting one format to another, by first decoding the input and then converting that decoded content to the other format.
Real transcodes are really rare. I haven't seen a real transcoder for anything more advanced than MPEG-2.
=> But with all things, not everybody agrees on definitions. So they probably mean re-muxing/wrapping.
If you want to be sure, you can extract the raw video from your DVD and from the mkv, aside from (maybe) some header changes, the content should be identical.

Quote:Load model / profile in there , S-A-V-E it , ONLY from then on i will reload it to make good use of it
Best also restart Hybrid (probably not needed), before loading the profile after the resave.

Problem is: unless I can reproduce the problem, I can't fix it. Especially if you can't create a debug output where the problem happens.

Cu Selur
(19.01.2024, 22:22)Selur Wrote:
Quote: Regarding MakeMKV, why do they even mention "Transcode" ???  That doesn't make sense?  Transcoding is infact encoding, is it not ?
Normally, transcoding is: converting one format to another without decoding the format, but going directly from one format to another.
Encoding is: converting one format to another, by first decoding the input and then converting that decoded content to the other format.
Real transcodes are really rare. I haven't seen a real transcoder for anything more advanced than MPEG-2.
=> But with all things, not everybody agrees on definitions. So they probably mean re-muxing/wrapping.
If you want to be sure, you can extract the raw video from your DVD and from the mkv, aside from (maybe) some header changes, the content should be identical.

Aside from going from one format to another, by either transcoding or encoding , there is always compression algorithms involved that determines the output quality by doing that , no ?
If not, then Transcoding is EXACTLY the same as MUXING basically, is that it  Dodgy

Granted, MakeMKV does an FAST and outstanding job.. Even though bitrates doesn't match, i don't see any degradation of quality anywhere  Shy . And THAT IS KEY in the end of day ..

(19.01.2024, 22:22)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Load model / profile in there , S-A-V-E it , ONLY from then on i will reload it to make good use of it 
Best also restart Hybrid (probably not needed), before loading the profile after the resave.
Problem is: unless I can reproduce the problem, I can't fix it. Especially if you can't create a debug output where the problem happens.
Cu Selur

Forgot to mention that bit of info Big Grin .. 
But yes, i also restart hybrid before re-using the new saved profile.. Just to be absolute sure..

OH, By The BY...  the Latest version of Hybrid is → Hybrid_dev_2024.01.14-153130  Big Grin not 2024.01.12.1.  
                                                                 Am i not better of using ↑  Rolleyes  

Ta-Ta
TD
Quote: Aside from going from one format to another, by either transcoding or encoding , there is always compression algorithms involved that determines the output quality , no ?
No, but transcoding does always involve a change in the format.

Quote:If not, then Transcoding is EXACTLY the same as MUXING basically, is that it Dodgy ?
That depends on whether you count a container change as a format change. (which I would not)

Quote:Granted, MakeMKV does an FAST and outstanding job.. Even though bitrates doesn't match, i don't see any degradation of quality anywhere Shy . And THAT IS KEY in the end of day ..
Bitrate reported by mediainfo are rarely accurate unless the header of the format report them.
MediaInfo reads the first few headers, time codes etc., so if the headers do not contain the bit rate, what you get is always an estimation. Wink
Bitrate of the extracted raw streams should be identical.

Cu Selur