This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Filtering -> Speed Change -> Change Speed doesn't seems to work (Hybrid 2024.01.12.1)
Could you please tell me what I did wrong? Input mkv @ 23.976 fps, output mkv @ 25 fps, but length of the video is not changed (should be shorter):

Hybrid debug log in attachment. Using the latest version 2024.01.12.1 with clean install. Changing between avisynth / vapoursynth not helping.

Thanks!
'Change speed' should just change the flags of the container (and if possible stream) since neither Avisynth nor Vapoursynth are used it's no surprise that switching between them does not change anything.

the problem is with the decoder call:
ffmpeg -y -loglevel fatal -noautorotate -nostdin -hwaccel auto -threads 1 -i "1.mkv" -map 0:0 -an -sn -vf scale=1280:720,fps=25/1,scale=in_range=tv:out_range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0  -sws_flags spline -f rawvideo -
then fps=25/1 part is wrong, this should be "fps=24000/1001".
=> Looking into it.

Cu Selur
As a workaround, try, either:
  • enabling "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth", or
  • enabling "Config->Internals->Avisynth->Alwayse use Avisynth"

Cu Selur
Looks like enabling "Config->Internals->Avisynth->Alwayse use Avisynth" did the thing.

Thank you for the fast response! Smile
Send you a link (via pm) to a dev version for testing, which should also fix the problem without the workarounds.
=> let me know whether this build also fixes the issue for you.

Cu Selur