This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vertical line noise !
(28.01.2024, 22:01)Selur Wrote: Yes, sorry, I meant QTGMCFilter.
Assuming you don't change the filter order add a custom entry before QTGMCFilter, and  one before before Cnr2.
  • set "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Custom->Insert before" to "QTGMCFilter" enable the custom section and enter
    clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)
  • set "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Custom->Insert before" to "Cnr2" enable the custom section and enter
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->DeNoise->QTGMC" set "Input type" to "2" or "3" adjust the rest of the settings to your liking.

No i haven't changed filter order.  I never hardly change any default setting other than just the ONE i need for starters.
Only if it works, i go a step further.  To avoid confusing in settings, and not to run to far ahead you know..

Well the first time i have added the line, is right before Deinterlace (like you suggested back there), and for the second place, i have added it before QTGMCFilter (denoiser) , although in this instance i don't use any denoiser wotsoever using this method, since the method gets rid of those lines TOTALLY.  So, theres no use for any denoiser regarding the line issue,  just to favor details a bit.

Also, is it possible it doesn't matter where i add the line for the first time, aslong it's before deinterlace?
I ask because, when added it for the 2nd time → before "QTGMC" instead of "cnr2" , that's is located way down the list of filters btw, if you catch my drift ..

The results are similar and just fine..

Quote:Seems, lines are gone this way too.. wich is preferable, no denoise or lower res has to be used = / equals DETAIL.. Cuz that nasty devil is in the detail (° ^°)
QTGMCFilter is a DeNoiser, so no clue what you are using now, but doesn't really matter if you found something that works for you.
Cu Selur
[/quote]

As i mentioned at the start of this post, atm i don't use any denoiser for the sake of detail preservation.. 

Thanks, much obliged.

ta ta
tD
Like I wrote at the beginning, that source isn't interlaced, thuse you should:
a. overwrite the scan type to progressive
b. add the custom section before QTGMC Denoiser and Cnr2
c. use QTGMC Denoiser
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
(28.01.2024, 22:23)Selur Wrote: Like I wrote at the beginning, that source isn't interlaced, thuse you should:
a. overwrite the scan type to progressive
b. add the custom section before QTGMC Denoiser and Cnr2
c. use QTGMC Denoiser

Yes, your source needs that approach..

But iam using this method on my source, wich is infact interlaced ..  

I have posted an sample from it before in the past .. remember?

So , i guess, i need to put the first line before Deinterlace .. right?

Cheers,
TD
What do you HEAR.. What do YOu say  ~(˘▾˘~) ?

Appeal to the Royal Court,

My Majesty Sir Selur... There SEEMS to be just one BIG FLAW about using the flick-flack method ↓  Confused

and the major flaw is this ↓  Confused
[Image: lines-again.png]
This ↑ is how it looks in Hybrid..
Every few seconds during playback, i get that noise popping out of my screen !!

And it looks like this ↓ ಠ_ಠ
[Image: lines-again-02.png]

So my one burning question is ... NOW-WHAT Huh !?

I mean i realy would keep using this method, since i don't lose any detail using denoisers and such.. but... you clearly see it's not healthy for the ppl you see in the pictar/clip !!

Ta TA
Toilet-(°^ °)
what does your script look like?
(08.02.2024, 14:20)Selur Wrote: what does your script look like?

Do you want me to post the entire script?

I mean, i've added the line "clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)" before de-interlace and CNr2 as you suggested .. but it makes no difference .
Quote: "clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)" before de-interlace
I wrote:
Quote:Insert before" to "QTGMCFilter"
see: https://forum.selur.net/thread-3556-post...l#pid21078
(08.02.2024, 14:25)Selur Wrote:
Quote: "clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)" before de-interlace
I wrote:
Quote:Insert before" to "QTGMCFilter"

Well thats ↑ what i mean, did that too... but no difference help there !

EDIT: Using QTGMC → Input 2 - 3 , seems to help get rid of it.. but not totaly ! .. iam running a test sample atm .. i'll keep you posted ..

..Update..

It's looking good , using the line +Qtgmc combo  Big Grin
But, i'll do a entire media file this time , just to be sure.

Just got my 4070Ti today..  Damn this gpu is like a 4060-Ti X2 SLI setup  .. It's litterally DOUBLE (200%) the performance ,using ESRgan at 21Fps instead of -9-10 fps with the ol 4060Ti 

Next best thing to a RTX 4080 i'd say ^̮^.

Ta Ta
Toilet(°^°)