This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
Hello Selur,

I attached the wheel of the version 3.0 that I will release this weekend.
   Respect to the RC versions, I improved the descriptions of models and parameters (so please update the GUI).
   I also extended the list "ddtweak_p" with 2 additional parameters: gamma_alpha, gamma_min

I discovered that a gamma value > 1.5 improves the ddcolor stability on bright scenes, while a gamma < 1 improves the ddcolor stability on dark scenes. 
   The decrease of the gamma with luma is activated using the new parameter gamma_alpha (if != 0).

Here a comparison: https://imgsli.com/MjUyNjY0

Thanks,
Dan

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-3.0.0-py3-none-any.whl.zip (Size: 252,25 KB / Downloads: 7)
Nice find!
Will adjust the dev version tomorrow after work.

Cu Selur
idea: Instead of adjustingthe gamma, also try Retinex. (Retinex requires an of all black bars cropped source and can enhance artifacts, so probably only interessting on already high quality sources)
[Image: grafik.png]
[Image: grafik.png]
(I used just ddcolor)
# Color Adjustment
clip = adjust.Tweak(clip=clip, hue=0.00, sat=0.00, cont=1.00, coring=True)
# adjusting color space from YUV420P10 to RGB30 for vsRetinex
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB30, matrix_in_s="709", range_s="limited")
# color adjustment using Retinex
clip = core.retinex.MSRCR(input=clip, sigma=[25,80,250], fulls=False, fulld=False)
# adjusting color space from RGB30 to RGBH for vsDDColor
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGBH, range_s="limited")
# adding colors using DDColor
from vsddcolor import ddcolor
clip = ddcolor(clip=clip, model=1)
The first sample is worse than the original, while the second is better.

I had the same problem adjusting gamma, on bright images a gamma above > 2 improves the quality but on dark scenes like your first sample the quality is worse.
That's the reason why I introduced the possibility to lower the value of gamma with the luma.
In this way I can have a gamma above 2 on bright images and a gamma below 1 on dark images.

Also the contrast can impact the ddcolor output. A contrast < 1 ddcolor images are less saturated, while a contrast > 1 the images are more saturated.

I applied a small update on the filter. I will provide a new wheel later.

Thanks,
Dan
Okay, I'll adjust the dev then and upload a new version.
Here the updated wheel.

Thanks,
Dan

P.S.
The true ddcolor "stabilizer" is "deoldify" which has a network trained to work decently with movies. 
DDColor is good for images but using it alone for coloring movies is too unstable.
This is the main reason why I embarked on the development of a Vapoursynth filter for deoldify.

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-3.0.0-py3-none-any.whl.zip (Size: 252,25 KB / Downloads: 5)
Updated the download.

Cu Selur
Released the version 3.0.0: https://github.com/dan64/vs-deoldify/rel...tag/v3.0.0

Thanks again for your support,
Dan
No problem, will release a new Hybrid version tomorrow.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

sorry for this last minute change. But I decided to move the post-process "dark" filter in ddeoldify_stabilizer().
  I'm planning to rework this filter, so it is better represent the parameters of this filter like a list, so that I can eventually extend this list in a near future.

Thanks,
Dan

P.S.
Attached the updated wheel

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-3.0.1-py3-none-any.whl.zip (Size: 252,54 KB / Downloads: 7)