This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
(11.04.2024, 18:47)Selur Wrote: You are nearly using 50 parameters!
Instead of adding more stuff (nobody aside from you can/will use), better think about how to throw out stuff or at least define (tested) presets which allow to make the whole thing more approachable.

I do agree that this filter is starting to have a complexity similar to QTGMC, and a "preset" approach could simplify the use.
I still need to perform more tests to define the optimal parameters for a given clip or scene.
I will think about it...

Thanks for the modded version of vsViewer Smile

Dan
Hello Selur,

I'm going to release a new version of vsdeoldify.

The main changes are:

1) Has been added a new filter function supporting the presets

def ddeoldify_main(clip: vs.VideoNode, Preset: str = 'Fast', ColorFix: str = 'Violet/Red', ColorMap: str = 'None') -> vs.VideoNode:
    """Main vsdeoldify function supporting the Presets

:param clip:                clip to process, only RGB24 format is supported.
    :param Preset:              Preset to control the encoding speed/quality.
                                Allowed values are:
                                    'Placebo',
                                    'VerySlow',
                                    'Slower',
                                    'Slow',
                                    'Medium',
                                    'Fast',  (default)
                                    'Faster',
                                    'VeryFast'                                   
    :param ColorFix:            This parameter allows to reduce color noise on determinated chroma ranges.
                                Allowed values are:
                                    'None',
                                    'Magenta',
                                    'Magenta/Violet',
                                    'Violet',
                                    'Violet/Red', (default)
                                    'Blue/Magenta',
                                    'Yellow',
                                    'Yellow/Orange',
                                    'Yellow/Green'
    :param ColorMap:            This parameter allows to change a given color range to another color.
                                Allowed values are:
                                    'None', (default)
                                    'Blue->Brown',
                                    'Blue->Red',
                                    'Blue->Green',
                                    'Green->Brown',
                                    'Green->Red',
                                    'Green->Blue',
                                    'Red->Brown',
                                    'Red->Blue'                           
    """

I don't have added the preset "Custom", but I expected the the GUI will add this option, in this case the GUI should enable the full list of parameters as currently implemented.

As you can see has been added a new Color Mapping feature, that can be controlled by using the new parameter "ColorMap".
    Here you can find an example of results obtained using this parameter: https://imgsli.com/MjU5NTgy

I don't expect that this kind of mapping can be used on a full movie, but it could be useful to adjust the color on some portions of a movie, this is the reason why the default value is "None" (no mapping).

2) Has been added a new  parameters to the function deoldify()

dotweak, dotweak_p these are the tweak parameters for DeOldify(). Despite DDColor, DeOldify has not big issues on chroma noise, but on fast presets it could be useful. 
        These parameters can be set only by using the "Custom" preset.

3) Has been added the new parameter "colormap" to the function ddeoldify_stabilizer()

4) Some of the default values of function  deoldify() , ddeoldify_stabilizer()  has been changed.

I hope that you have time to implement the new changes (I attached the updated filter).
When the new GUI will be available I will release the new version Smile 

Thanks,
Dan

P.S.
I counted that QTGMC has more than 80 parameters, well above the number of parameters added in this version Angel

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-3.5.0_RC1.zip (Size: 267,33 KB / Downloads: 2)
Will look at it tomorrow.
https://imgsli.com/MjU5NTgy <- 'Blue -> Red', is the same as 'Blue -> Green', think you mixed up the images.

Quote:Some of the default values of function deoldify() , ddeoldify_stabilizer() has been changed.
... hopefully I don't will anything ...

Quote: I counted that QTGMC has more than 80 parameters, well above the number of parameters added in this version Angel
Dodgy

Quote:Has been added a new filter function supporting the presets
nice

Quote: I don't have added the preset "Custom", but I expected the the GUI will add this option, in this case the GUI should enable the full list of parameters as currently implemented.
Maybe I should instead better drop the custom mode,... Angel

Cu Selur
(27.04.2024, 21:09)Selur Wrote:
Quote:  I don't have added the preset "Custom", but I expected the the GUI will add this option, in this case the GUI should enable the full list of parameters as currently implemented.
Maybe I should instead better drop the custom mode,...  Angel

For QTGMC the "Custom" preset allows to modify a lot of parameters. 
I don't understand the reason to drop the support to "Custom" mode for vsdeoldify since has been already developed.

Dan

I forgot to add the support to fp16 in the new function ddeoldify_main()

def ddeoldify_main(clip: vs.VideoNode, Preset: str = 'Fast', ColorFix: str = 'Violet/Red', ColorMap: str = 'None', enable_fp16: bool = True) -> vs.VideoNode:

I attached the updated RC2.

Dan

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-3.5.0_RC2.zip (Size: 267,36 KB / Downloads: 2)
I uploaded a new test version.
Not sure what I missed or if I missed something, but for me main 'fast' uses different settings then the 'default' values.
=> have fun with it

Cu Selur
You are in right, I attached a new version where the default values are aligned.

The GUI is Ok, but it is missing an option to switch from presets to custom values.

Dan

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-3.5.0_RC3.zip (Size: 267,38 KB / Downloads: 3)
updated the test download

Cu Selur
Now with the "custom" preset it is possible to set the custom parameters.
But I expect that when preset is different from "custom" is called the function "ddeoldify_main()" with in input the selected presets, but instead are called the functions ddeoldify() and ddeoldify_stabilizer() as in the "custom" preset.

Moreover there is a typo in setting the custom parameter smooth_p, in the list is passed the value none instead of string "none".

Dan
Uploaded a new test version.

Cu Selur
Uploaded a new test version. (accidentially used 'preset' instead of 'Preset')