This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
Okay, will try to look at it later this evening or tomorrow.

Cu Selur
Had a quick look and a question about:
Quote:I updated the filter introducing a "gradient mask" merge.
looking at the code it looks like this is applied as long as dd_method != 0 and thus a dd_color option, is that as intended?

Cu Selur
Just to provide you an example.

The movie DV+DD_LumaMerge.mp4 was obtained with the following settings

clip = ddeoldify(clip=clip, model=0, render_factor=24, sat=[0.90,0.80], hue=[15.00,15.0], dd_model=1, dd_render_factor=24, dd_tweak_luma_bind=[False, 0.5, 0.5], dd_bright=0.05, dd_cont=1.0, dd_gamma=2.0, dd_method=5, ddcolor_weight = 0.6, luma_mask limit=[0.4, 0.4, 0.3], dd_method_params=[0.6, 1.0, 0.15, 0.15], chroma_resize = True)

The movie DV+DD_LumaMerge+DarkDarkness.mp4  was obtained with the following settings

clip = ddeoldify(clip=clip, sat=[0.90,0.80], hue=[15.00,15.0], dd_bright=0.05, dd_cont=1.0, dd_gamma=2.0, dd_method=5, ddcolor_weight = 0.6,  dd_method_params=[0.6, 2.0, 0.15, 0.2, False], luma_mask=[0.4, 0.4, 0.8], dark_darkness=[True, 0.3, 0.3, 0.2, -0.05])

The post-process " dark_darkness " helped to stabilize the colors on dark scenes

Dan

Attached Files
.zip   DV+DD_LumaMerge.zip (Size: 1,52 MB / Downloads: 8)
.zip   DV+DD_LumaMerge+DarkDarkness.zip (Size: 1,49 MB / Downloads: 9)
Updated the dev version (same link).
Will look at the examples. Smile Okay, in really dark scenes it helps, now it needs a general stabilization. Wink

Cu Selur
I really like the new GUI, very nice!  Smile

Thanks,
Dan
In the last version I shortened the names of dd_tweak_bright, dd_tweak_cont, dd_tweak_gamma in dd_bright, dd_cont, dd_gamma.
I decided to revert the changes, so I attached a new updated with the names equals to the ones implemented in Hybrid.

I checked all the parameters in the GUI. It is only missing a new boolean parameter "dd_method_params[4]" called "invert_clips" if true is inverted the clip order in all the Merge methods (i.e. clipa-> clipb and clipb->clipa). 

Dan

P.S.
here you can find a comparison of LumaMerge using a gradient mask (0.4,0.7)
https://imgsli.com/MjQ3NjIy

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-2.0.0_2024-03-15_v2.zip (Size: 247,2 KB / Downloads: 8)
I'll look at it.
Updated download (same link).

Cu Selur
In the last version, the script is not including any more the string: "dd_method_params: list = [0.6, 2.0, 0.15, 0.2, False]" independently from the fact that "invert merger order" is checked or not.

Dan
updated the download