This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
I was curious about this case.  A video that the image is  4:3 with added side black bars on either side to make it look letterbox 16:9.  
Is it best to crop the black bars back to 4:3 and then colorize or it makes no difference?  In other words, do the black side bars make the colorization less effective?
It will take longer to colorize if you don't crop since the pixel count is higher.
Deep Remaster update working perfect. i tested new update working good with perfect result .

Thanks to Mr.Selur and Dan64s
That filehoster doesn't work here, but happy to hear that Dan64s vsremaster.zip is useful to others.

Cu Selur
Looks great hallomanbh.  Will Deep Remaster be included on the next release?
No, I'm not planning to include it.
Also looking at your video: there are two different colorization versions, how do they differ?
hi.. top video original Colour video
 and
botom video  " Deep Remaster "
In this paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2404.06251 there is a fair comparison of color models and the performance of DeepRemaster was not so good.
You could probably obtain the same results using DeepEx that is already included in Hybrid.

Dan
Dan, I was looking at the pdf on the link you've posted.  You're right about the DeepRemaster, it looked the worst of them all.  Their ColorMNet looks just about perfect.  Any updates when that model will become available?
Looking at the Github page https://github.com/yyang181/colormnet and the OpenXLab page they wanted to setup after 1 or 2 weeks doesn't exist.
4m month without an update
=> it does not seem likely that there ever will be a release,...