This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview comparison request
(09.03.2024, 17:05)Selur Wrote: Hybrids previews show a 1:1 PAR.

That's just it, it auto compensates rather than showing the exact picture as is strictly based on the vallue's (top & bottom) i put in, no?

(09.03.2024, 17:05)Selur Wrote: Like any decent player, it will preview compensate anamorphic PARs for normal displays, which use 1:1 PAR.
One can work around this and distort the image, by changing the input PAR, manually changing the resize, but randomly distorting images normally is not something users want.
You do not seem to understand, that cropping an image does not change the PAR.
Cropping, does change the DAR, but Hybrid does not aim to hit a specific DAR.

You keep talking about distortion, what distortion ?  
For example, can't i cut & use Cropping & resizing the video image afterwards to fix any deviant aspect errors (anamorphic encoding) then ... no ?

Apart from the techical side i.e:  SAR vs DAR vs PAR vs whatever...  
The fact remains, preview just doesn't show the end result exactly as is .. that just it ..  Dodgy

cheers
Ta TA
Quote:For example, can't i cut & use Cropping & resizing the video image afterwards to fix any deviant aspect errors then ... no ?
No. If the original aspect ratio of your source is wrongly flagged/detected, you should adjust the input PAR.

[quote]The fact remains, preview just doesn't show the end result exactly as is .. that just it .. [/quot€]
If you think so,...
Cu Selur
(09.03.2024, 20:02)Selur Wrote:
Quote:For example, can't i cut & use Cropping & resizing the video image afterwards to fix any deviant aspect errors then ... no ?
No. If the original aspect ratio of your source is wrongly flagged/detected, you should adjust the input PAR.

Quote:The fact remains, preview just doesn't show the end result exactly as is .. that just it .. [/quot€]
If you think so,...
Cu Selur

My majesty Sir Selur, read these duck lips...

If one wants to change an aspect ratio (from ussually commercial content) , i do this by padding/cropping .. dare i say it "distort" the image Big Grin  right?  Also know as pan + scan method..

That's what iam trying to do here.. 

And again, like you have see in my example , the preview doesn't exactly show what am i doing in comparison mode only ? 

However, i do get to see the final results in single preview mode ( comparison+cropped view unchecked ) ..  Huh 

What does that suppose to mean ?

Ta Ta
TD
I give up, this doesn't go anywhere.
Have fun with your problem.
(09.03.2024, 20:25)Selur Wrote: I give up, this doesn't go anywhere.
Have fun with your problem.

Where did you lost me my king  Big Grin ?

Ask ... and you shall receive (°^°) ..

Ta TA
td