This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview comparison request
helluh,

When i use cropped settings, it just doesn't translate to preview when and ONLY when i use video comparison side by side !

So yes, in a tiny nutshell i like to request an adjustment in hybrid by wich i can preview and compare the untouched video against not only the output filtered but the cropped results aswell !!
Meaning , i like to see the stretched (cropped) output results in the preview window in comparison with the untouched video content, rather than some green thin grid lines that essentially doesn't show any changes at all regarding the cropping part !

Currently i can only check that in single mode Sleepy ..  

Ta TA
TD
Do you use the latest Hybrid version?
I fixed a few things, where stretching should not appear when using compare view.
If you want to compare crop vs. non-cropped use the 'Crop View'.

Can you illustrate how you want Hybrid to do in more detail?
What should be done if crop, resize, aspect ratio, frame rate, frame count, color space, color range changed are done through filtering with the source?
Atm. I'm not sure what you want. I don't even know whether you are using Avisynth or Vapoursynth, or what compare view settings you are using.

Cu Selur
(07.03.2024, 06:16)Selur Wrote: Do you use the latest Hybrid version?
I fixed a few things, where stretching should not appear when using compare view.

Affirmative Sir Selur  Big Grin

(07.03.2024, 06:16)Selur Wrote: If you want to compare crop vs. non-cropped use the 'Crop View'.

That's just the thing, i only get to see some thin "guided lines" not actually the real output result!

(07.03.2024, 06:16)Selur Wrote: Can you illustrate how you want Hybrid to do in more detail?
What should be done if crop, resize, aspect ratio, frame rate, frame count, color space, color range changed are done through filtering with the source?
Atm. I'm not sure what you want. I don't even know whether you are using Avisynth or Vapoursynth, or what compare view settings you are using.

Cu Selur

Iam glad you've asked  Big Grin

And this golden duck asks very litle actually..

How should i phrase my desire..  

My wish is that the cropped settings in the cropped / resized pannel is directly translated (as is) to the preview window → in comparison mode ← (Unfiltered / Filtered → + video image cropped/stretched) just like how the output file would look like ..  Thats all.. only a friendly gesture ..  

For example (and again), currently i only can see the cropped results on the Y size , but on the X axis it's unchanged  Huh even though i have put vallues on all 4 sides in cropped / resized settings.

However in single view mode, i actually get to see the whole shabaam (filtered + cropped/resized/stretched) video image.. you know..
But in that last instance i don't have any reference video material (untouched / unfiltered) to compare whit !

Ta ta

Toilet - (°^°)
Quote:That's just the thing, i only get to see some thin "guided lines" not actually the real output result!
Here's how CropView+CompareView looks here, using cropping 100pixels on each side:
[Image: grafik.png]
(left side has lines in it, right side has black bars)
here's how it looks when CropView is disabled:
(both sides get cropped the same way)

Quote:My wish is that the cropped settings in the cropped / resized pannel is directly translated (as is) to the preview window → in comparison mode ← (Unfiltered / Filtered → + video image cropped/stretched) just like how the output file would look like .. Thats all.. only a friendly gesture ..
Resizing to 720x... (using CompareView)
Both sides get cropped&resized resizes:
In this case, wrongly overwriting the input PAR to 6:9, results - as expected - into a distorted image. (but both look the same)
Undoing the wrong resize again and using some gamma change

Quote:For example (and again), currently i only can see the cropped results on the Y size , but on the X axis it'
The above shows how I see it. For me, both X&Y changes have an effect.

Filtering is only applied to the 'Filtered' side, crop&resize are applied to both.

=> Everything seems to look how it is intended for me.

Cu Selur
(09.03.2024, 07:54)Selur Wrote:
Quote:That's just the thing, i only get to see some thin "guided lines" not actually the real output result!
Here's how CropView+CompareView looks here, using cropping 100pixels on each side:
(left side has lines in it, right side has black bars)

Let me take this exact example of yours.  
In your example on the right side (filtered) you clearly can see the cut off pieces filled by black bars on all sides X+Y .

But on my screen, only the left & right sides are adjusted to the cropped vallues i have chosen, nothing changes at the top & bottom in preview mode! 

In my example you clear can see that a small part is cut of from the left & right side alright, but nothing is cut of from the black bars top & bottom ..  
And iam sure, the black bars i have mentioned is the cause of our communication problem ..

So yeah, i like to see the black bars top & bottom cutted / cropped aswell in the preview..  So that the actuall video images adjusts as well in proportion with the left and right side...

This is how it looks on my screen when i choos cropped view + comparison
[Image: cropped-example-1.png]
You clearly see that the video image on the y side is unchanged !

That's what i don't like about. 
That and the added black bars because of the cropping part. 

instead i like the video image on the left to be stretched (in relation with the cropped vallue's top & bottom) so that it fits seamlessly with the unaltered video image on the right   Shy  

Ta Ta
TD
Quote: instead i like the video image on the left to be stretched (in relation with the cropped vallue's top & bottom) so that it fits seamlessly with the unaltered video image on the right
Not going to happen.

I could add an option to change the color of the cropped content on the right in the CropView, but I won't distort/stretch the image.

Cu Selur
(09.03.2024, 15:53)Selur Wrote:
Quote: instead i like the video image on the left to be stretched (in relation with the cropped vallue's top & bottom) so that it fits seamlessly with the unaltered video image on the right
Not going to happen.

I could add an option to change the color of the cropped content on the right in the CropView, but I won't distort/stretch the image.

Cu Selur

LoL, you don't have to , i will  Big Grin ..

Furthermore, what iam doing (or trying to .. more or less) has been done since the existence of tv aspect ratios (anamorphic, 16:9, 4:3) ..   Sleepy

Oh , why not remove the cropp/resize feature in hybrid altogheter while you're at it  Dodgy  

Ta TA
T- (°^ °)
Quote:Furthermore, what iam doing (or trying to .. more or less) has been done since the existence of tv aspect ratios (anamorphic, 16:9, 4:3)
Hybrid does support converting to different aspect ratios, you just seem not to understand how Hybrid does it.

Quote: Oh , why not remove the cropp/resize feature in hybrid altogheter while you're at it
Works fine here.

Cu Selur
(09.03.2024, 16:13)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Furthermore, what iam doing (or trying to .. more or less) has been done since the existence of tv aspect ratios (anamorphic, 16:9, 4:3)
Hybrid does support converting to different aspect ratios, you just seem not to understand how Hybrid does it.

And i like to experiment with my own setted x/y ratios / cropped / resized vallue's ..

That's what confuses me, you make it possible to cut off / add parts of the video image, create custom aspect ratios in hybrid, but refuses to change the preview feature in such a way that it reflects the outcome / output file !???  Huh 

Ta TA
td
Hybrids previews show a 1:1 PAR.
Like any decent player, it will preview compensate anamorphic PARs for normal displays, which use 1:1 PAR.
One can work around this and distort the image, by changing the input PAR, manually changing the resize, but randomly distorting images normally is not something users want.
You do not seem to understand, that cropping an image does not change the PAR.
Cropping, does change the DAR, but Hybrid does not aim to hit a specific DAR.

Quote:And i like to experiment with my own setted x/y ratios / cropped / resized vallue's ..
Then Hybrid is probably not the right tools for you.

Cu Selur