This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PictureCrop - Selection Files
(16.04.2024, 20:23)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version for testing which seems to fix the issue for me.
-> let me know whether it also fixes the problem for you

Cu Selur

err.. something is going badly whit the Gui !!

When i startup hybrid, several windows screens pops up very garbled  Confused

Once hybrid is loaded, i can't see the values anymore , see screens ..!

[Image: Schermafbeelding-2024-04-16-214306.png]

[Image: Schermafbeelding-2024-04-16-214320.png]

That ↑ is an example from a desktop recording i made to capture hybrid its startup behavior.

And this ↓ is a snapshot from the barely visible values in hybrid ..

[Image: Schermafbeelding-2024-04-16-214353.png]

EDIT: just to rule out a bad installation / system doing .. i have uninstalled every bit of hybrid in combo with revo uninstaller to be sure i removed every trace/left over of hybrid (registry, files , folders) .. and re-installed the release you pm'd me ..  No dice.. same keeps happening !?

So, went back to release 2024.04.06.01 and all values are normal readable..  
Except, hybrid still starts up in a strange way ie: several strange window behavior, like you see in the pictures i've posted !
probably some dll mixup when I updated to Qt6.7
will look into it.
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
Seems to be a problem with the windows11 style.
Changing "Config->View->Style" to "windowsvista" seems to fix the problem.
------
(17.04.2024, 04:57)Selur Wrote: Seems to be a problem with the windows11 style.
Changing "Config->View->Style" to "windowsvista" seems to fix the problem.

Before i re-install, do i have to check style settings in hybrid to overcome both the startup & gui issue ?

So , it has nothing to do with my win11 customized personal desktop settings ?  I sure hope so .. cuz it set to specific needs, i have a multiple monitor setup.

Thanks

ta ta
TD

Update... 

Just changed view style to winVista on release 24.04.06.1 ..  

And the startup still acts strange, going from big multi layered window to a small window just like you see in the pics i've posted.
As for the gui in hybrid, i'll have to re-install the release you've pm'd me..   

But before i do , i like a confirmation.

Cheers,
td
I got 2-3 monitors, so if it's just the monitor count that's not an issue.
This has nothing to do with startup issues, just representation.
You could also start Hybrid with:
Hybrid.exe --style windowsvista
iirc.
It might also work if you start Hybrid in Windows 8 compatiblity mode.
------
(17.04.2024, 16:13)Selur Wrote: I got 2-3 monitors, so if it's just the monitor count that's not an issue.
This has nothing to do with startup issues, just representation.
You could also start Hybrid with:
Hybrid.exe --style windowsvista
iirc.

Using / adding that line results in the same ackward startup..  
But that doesn't bother me much as long that startup thing doesn't affect the functionality of hybrid in the long run 🤔..

To more important matters.
I have re-installed the release you pm'd me , and applied the winvista view style.   

That has fixed the gui issue.  Furthermore, crop values are kept now when opening a selection of multiple sources 😁👌

Fyi, i've never considered to run hybrid in compatibility mode, since i never did need it..until now..
But granted, running hybrid in Winvista/Win8 compatibility mode does work too, instead of changing the viewstyle settings in hybrid 😏 ..only to fix the gui issue..

thanks

TD
Small update on the styling issue. Seems like a bug known to the Qt developers -> will go back to Qt 6.6.3
------
(17.04.2024, 18:41)Selur Wrote: Small update on the styling issue. Seems like a bug known to the Qt developers -> will go back to Qt 6.6.3

I thought QT 6.6.3 framework wos/is the last release from the 6.6.x line of builds !?
Or did you've used experimental/beta release mayhap  Tongue

Anyway, can't go wrong with 6.6.3 → Over 300 bugs fixed  Big Grin 
Only feed the best to our dragon hybrid my lord, it demands it 😈

Ta Ta
TD
free qt only offers: 6.6.3, 6.7.0 and 6.8.0 (alpha) atm
send you a link to a dev version for testing
------
(17.04.2024, 20:13)Selur Wrote: free qt only offers: 6.6.3, 6.7.0 and 6.8.0 (alpha) atm
send you a link to a dev version for testing

Oh, it's open sourced with licensing (shareware so to speak).. got it Wink .

Have installed latest release you've pm'd me..  

Seems gui is working fine again using default style settings in hybrid.

One note though, i have the impression hybrid starts slower than older releases !  
Could that have something to do whit the multi-layer popups during startup Undecided ?

Ta Ta,
TD