This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

hybrid error message on 2024 update
(12.06.2024, 21:46)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Can you please add Huffyuv and Lagrith codecs to Hybrid?
Short: No, I can not.

Long:
Regarding Lagarith:
Afaik, there is no command line encoder that support Lagarith which Hybrid could use.
Command line encoder would need to:
a. be free (ideally open source and supported by some developer) and no spyware or similar
b. support pipe input (ideally via y4m pipes)
c. report progress during encoding
(optional) d. the encoder is available for Windows and Linux.
Quote:VCRvideocapturing

I wanted them because I'm de-interlacing first then taking the de-interlaced videos in my video editor for color correction, if I color correct in vegas first then encode in hybrid I get jagged lines on playback, this could well be because vegas is encoding it progressive because it's seeing the lossless codec as progressive or it's encoding with the wrong field order, or maybe im setting the field order wrong in Hybrid? It has a 0 option a 1 option and -1 option.

I have tried all options TFF, BFF PROGRESSIVE does nothing, as discussed once before things only work if I encode with reduce interlace flicker on in Vegas then de-interlace in Hybrid, I don't don't what reduce de-interlace flicker does in Vegas? Does it blend the fields? Its difficult for you to answer it's not your software and you don't use it.

Quote:Quote Selur
Regarding Huffyuv:
FFmpeg does support Huffyuv:

ffmpeg -h encoder=huffyuv
reports:
Encoder huffyuv [Huffyuv / HuffYUV]:
    General capabilities: dr1 threads
    Threading capabilities: frame
    Supported pixel formats: yuv422p rgb24 bgra
huffyuv AVOptions:
  -non_deterministic <boolean>    E..V....... Allow multithreading for e.g. context=1 at the expense of determinism (default false)
  -pred              <int>        E..V....... Prediction method (from 0 to 2) (default left)
     left            0            E..V.......
     plane           1            E..V.......
     median          2            E..V.......

FFMPEG is command line it's not for me I like something that has an interface, its why I use Hybrid and not Avisynth because it requires script writing skills.
Quote:Quote Selur
Problem is, afaik. that version was inferior to the Huffyuv vfw encoder in regard to compatibility and speed, but that is the only command line encoder I know that Hybrid could use for Huffyuv

=> So unless you can name command line encoders, Hybrid could use to support those formats, I can not add support for those..

Cu Selur 
Ps.: Personally, I would use FFV1 (or H.264 lossless through GPU encoding) or FFvHuff
Can't you add normal Huff the one that is used with virtuldub? I need to work with lossless codecs in hybrid when re-encoding because the clip needs color correction, I was using.h264 when I wss color correcting first in vegas but that has the interlacing issue.

I don't think I tried FFV1 is it lossless and can virtuldub open it? If it works in virtuldub then it should work in Vegas.

Thanks for your hard work in developing the software and thanks for all the help.
I received the dll errors when upgrading to this version too. You need to install the missing Visual C++ libraries. These belong to "Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022"
Redistributable.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/wi...w=msvc-170
I wanted them because I'm de-interlacing first then taking the de-interlaced videos in my video editor for color correction, if I color correct in vegas first then encode in hybrid I get jagged lines on playback, this could well be because vegas is encoding it progressive because it's seeing the lossless codec as progressive or it's encoding with the wrong field order, or maybe im setting the field order wrong in Hybrid? It has a 0 option a 1 option and -1 option.
Sounds like some inproper deinterlacing took place. Or Deinterlacing that required some anti-aliasing afterwards. Can't say whether it's in Vegas or before.

Quote:I have tried all options TFF, BFF PROGRESSIVE does nothing, as discussed once before things only work if I encode with reduce interlace flicker on in Vegas then de-interlace in Hybrid, I don't don't what reduce de-interlace flicker does in Vegas? Does it blend the fields? Its difficult for you to answer it's not your software and you don't use it.
Sorry, can't help you with Vegas. If you share a short sample of your original source, I can tell you how I would deinterlace it.

Quote:Can't you add normal Huff the one that is used with virtuldub?
No, those are vfw only. Hybrid is a grahical user interface for command line tools.

Quote: I don't think I tried FFV1 is it lossless and can virtuldub open it?
FFV1 is lossless.
At least newer Virtual Dub 2 should be abel to open it.
[quote}If it works in virtuldub then it should work in Vegas.[/quote]
Sounds like Vegas only understands vfw. If I remember correctly ffdshow has a vfw option which would which then should allow Virtual Dub to open FFV1 content.
Sounds I remembered correctly.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
Thanks for the great software and help

Another version of Hybrid has released today.
2024.06.15.1 (June 15, 2024)  does it have any major updates?

I just updated a weekly ago and had issues with missing files which you helped me solve very quickly.

I'll have to capture something commercial and upload it with the  effect on YouTube I will see what I can upload from an old VHS.

I don't de-interlace in virtualdub, I import the footage  into Vegas interlaced, color correct it and export TFF (UFF) lossless (interlaced) but I think I know what the issue is and it's one that can't be solved easily 😕

When I use a lossless codec like lagrith or huff and export it 720x576 in Vegas using one of the lossless codec lags or huff I get black bars on the side, I have to set the template to 720x576 PAL DV this gives it the full screen  (without the black bars on each side) but I think that messes with the de-interlacing.
Quote:2024.06.15.1 (June 15, 2024) does it have any major updates?
changes are documented on the changelog site and in the update thread.
------
(15.06.2024, 21:39)Selur Wrote:
Quote:2024.06.15.1 (June 15, 2024)  does it have any major updates?
changes are documented on the changelog site and in the update thread.

I think I just found an error on it already
2024.06.09.1 has an error it says
Couldn't not get free space in folder () assuming 0.
My hard drive has lots of space.
Please look into this.

Thanks for the great software
a. current version is 2024.06.16.1
b. no details, so no way to reproduce the problem
Only thing I can say is that the message:
Quote:Couldn't get free space in folder(<folder path>), assuming zero.
could be triggered during subjob processing.

=> nothing I can do

Cu Selur

Ps.: Also this is only a warning and not error and only will cause problems when "Config->Internals->Jobs->Minimum size in MB which is required to start a job" is set to anything other than 0.
------
(16.06.2024, 15:17)Selur Wrote: a. current version is 2024.06.16.1
b. no details, so no way to reproduce the problem
Only thing I can say is that the message:
Quote:Couldn't get free space in folder(<folder path>), assuming zero.
could be triggered during subjob processing.

=> nothing I can do

Cu Selur
It's encoding right now looks to be working fine, I thought my harddrive was out of space so I deleted a 100GB capture.

I'm going to update to the new version tomorrow.
Does the new version have any issues?

Did you add the missing files?
I don't want to mess things up and keep asking for help, it's embarrassing 😞
Quote: Does the new version have any issues?
see: https://www.selur.de/changelog
Quote:Did you add the missing files?
Yes.

Cu Selur
------
(16.06.2024, 15:33)Selur Wrote:
Quote: Does the new version have any issues?
see: https://www.selur.de/changelog
Quote:Did you add the missing files?
Yes.

Cu Selur

I've downloaded the new version.
I haven't tested it yet.