This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Failed to Initialize Vapoursynth!
First off, this is happening since release 06.09.01 ..

A. On release 6.15.1 i get an script error regarding ESRgan (resizer) !
So, duck moved on to Release 6.16.1 to get this↓ error instead 😐

2024-06-17 19:29:34.482
Failed to initialize VapourSynth environment!
Failed to evaluate the script.

steps i took,  installed, moved torchpack to hybrid folder (appdata map) as usuall.  Fired up hybrid, loaded premade profile, load testsample.mkv and bam ↑ .. I get one error after another since release 6.09.1

I've used Vapour R68 btw, since R65 is not longer supported i've read ..

FYi, just did a FRESH Win11pro install since yesterday..   Working flawless → not 1 single error reported in eventviewer  😗👌

Ta Ta,
Duck
Deinstall Hybrid.
Installing 2024.06.16.1 should fix the problem.
The above issue happened with R68 when the wheel file of R68 is not installed.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
(17.06.2024, 19:40)Selur Wrote: Deinstall Hybrid.
Installing 2024.06.16.1 should fix the problem.
The above issue happened with R68 when the wheel file of R68 is not installed.

Cu Selur

ermm.. the error comes from 06.16.1 .. yep using r68.. yet R68 seemed to work just fine on older hybrid releases 🤔
Can't reproduce this here.
I especially release '2024.06.16.1' to if the initialization problem, and it was fixed with that release here.

Quote:FYi, just did a FRESH Win11pro install since yesterday.. Working flawless → not 1 single error reported in eventviewer
So does '2024.06.16.1' now work for you or not?

Cu Selur
------
(17.06.2024, 19:55)Selur Wrote: Can't reproduce this here.
I especially release '2024.06.16.1' to if the initialization problem, and it was fixed with that release here.

Quote:FYi, just did a FRESH Win11pro install since yesterday..  Working flawless → not 1 single error reported in eventviewer
So does '2024.06.16.1'  now work for you or not?

Cu Selur

Nope.. doesn't work same Vapour erorr  😒!

And yes again, iam currentlhy on 2024.06.16.1 !

Just to be sure, i still have to move the torchaddon pack to the Programs folder → Hybrid\64-bit\vapoursynth → C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth .. right ?

EDIT: okay , this is what iam gonna do, .. i'll install an older release of hybrid of wich i know it work all just fine and dandy... and report back ..

So yep.. it's confirmed... 

Iam back on release 2024.05.11.1 using Torchaddon R68 ...  

DUCK IS BACK IN bussiness 😁

Loaded profile/media file and hybrid is preparing hybrid (ESRgan) for preview right now.. no more problems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just so you know, on one of the later releases of hybrid, i didn't got an vapour synth error BUT .. like i mentioned before i did got ESRgan issue's .. LIke could'nt use the newer updated models that come after "Realesrgan-general' ..
AND, i could only use Realesgan-general when i disabled Tensor checkbox.. with it enable i got errors all over the place suddenly..

But i don't get these newer ESRgan models to see in the current hybrid release for some reason 🤔

Ta Ta
Duck
Ahhh,... problem is with the torch download. Big Grin
Now that both Hybrid and torch are R68 you don't have to move the Vapoursynth folder.
You can extract the torch-addon into the 64bit folder and merge both Vapoursynth folders. Smile
Strange, I just checked, the 2024.06.16 torch addon should work. (it includes all the needed files)
=> you are using 2024.06.15 torchaddon, right?
(+ it does contain 'Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\Lib\site-packages\VapourSynth-68.dist-info' right?, if not redownload it.)

Cu Selur
------
(17.06.2024, 20:18)Selur Wrote: Ahhh,... problem is with the torch download.  Big Grin 

Come again .. 😐?

(17.06.2024, 20:18)Selur Wrote: Now that both Hybrid and torch are R68 you don't have to move the Vapoursynth folder.

By stating that ↑ in my previous post...
I actually meant this ↓ 😁  

(17.06.2024, 20:18)Selur Wrote: You can extract the torch-addon into the 64bit folder and merge both Vapoursynth folders. Smile

Done that .. been there... yet .. no BIG FAT SIGAR 😦 !

(17.06.2024, 20:18)Selur Wrote: => you are using 2024.06.15 torchaddon, right?
(+ it does contain 'Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\Lib\site-packages\VapourSynth-68.dist-info' right?, if not redownload it.)
Cu Selur

Used "VapoursynthR68_torch_2024.06.10"  ... argh.. just noticed the xxxx.xx.15 ... 😐
Have you updated tortuous addon pack  aswell in the meanwhile... ?  like when .. just now 🤔?

That ↑ will pretty much solve it then ..  Oh my forgetfull King 🤦 !!
Usually the date of the upload is in the name. Smile
------
(17.06.2024, 20:35)Selur Wrote: Usually the date of the upload is in the name. Smile

Indeed, come to think of it  hybrid release 16.x.x came before the new and latest addition of the tortuous torch addon pack, hence why diz poor duck is in a big mess right now 🙄 !!
And to add insult to injury, iam unable to DL the new addon pack from the spy conniving G👀gle drive 😐 a.k.a "the maximum number of downloads for this file has been exceeded".. great .. just GREAT 😐

Diz duck doesn't like that ONE BINARY BIT hmmpf 😕..
Quote:the maximum number of downloads for this file has been exceeded
sadly, there is no information what that the 'maximum number of downloads' is for a file.

Going to bed now. (long day tomorrow)

Cu Selur
------